“Bigotry against the mentally ill.”
Review of The Bruton Castle

The Bruton Castle
Ranked #6 of 15 Restaurants in Bruton
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was perfectly willing willing to spend just as much money as I wanted on food/drink at the Castle. However, the manager managed to 'move me on' as though I was some sort of undesirable customer, in spite of the fact that I'd managed to make numerous friends with other people who also drink/eat there. I can only imagine that the ultimate reason for this to begin with is an inherent superiority complex among the manager(s).

Reviewed 17 July 2017

I decided to arrange a family get together here for lunch, based on the 'online' menu which looks excellent and very varied - only to arrive and find that the kitchen is being 'refurbed' with the consequence that the menu was very greatly simplified (why not update the website??) - a great disappointment!! What eventually arrived was OK, but the options are rather limited and almost everything arrives with chips!! The chips are good and the fare is basic, but well cooked - clearly the proper menu would be good, but I would check whether the kitchen works have been finished, before booking here presently!!!!!

Reviewed 28 May 2017

We simply love the Bruton Castle - great mix of people, great sounds and occasional live music. Goose Island and Hophouse beers are always good. Doesn't serve food at the moment but you are encouraged to bring in a takeaway - how cool is that?!

Reviewed 30 April 2017

Pretty much what you'd expect from an English pub in the High Street of a small town...but made better by happy and welcoming staff, a cosy atmosphere with a choice of seating, sofas, small tables, plus outdoor space if the weather is good, (which it was)!

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Best meal I've had in long time! The service was impeccable there was a young man at the bar who went out of his way to find a drink for my friends allergenic needs (I think his name was Patrick gave him a good tip!). Will be visiting again have recomended the Castle to my colleagues who were looking for a place to host a work doo!