“2 Family Get Togethers in 1 week!!!”

The Bridgend brynmawr
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Brynmawr
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 1 September 2018

First visit was for a 70th birthday - I cannot fault anything - we had the most amazing welcome and the decorations were done perfect - everyone of us were so pleased with the food - we cannot fault it - I would highly recommend the Bridgend to anyone!!! the welcome - the atmosphere - the welcome - the food - not one thing to complain about!!! Absolutely 10/10 for everything!!! we were that impressed we took our family there who were over from New Zealand - yet again - everything we cannot fault - a massive thank you to everyone for giving 2 amazing nights within 7 days!!!!

2  Thank melaniem186

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

I Had food here a couple of weeks ago.
My starter was crispy butterfly prawns. Decently coming from a packet, average but super oily. Probably fried for too long, or in oil that was not hot enough.
My main course was, to my taste, inedible.
I had spicy pasta with chicken and pepperoni sausage. Pasta was cheap, tasteless and over cooked. Tomato sauce out of a jar and straight in the pan. Chicken dry and tasteless (definitely cooked separate from the tomato sauce, because completely white inside), cheap pepperoni sausage. Overall, a dish that was lacking of any sort of flavour and texture.
I couldn’t even explain my disappointment to the staff, because no one came and cleared my table. After at least 20 minutes of waiting, I chose to stand up and go to the bar and pay the bill.
Before anyone says I don’t understand anything about food, I have been a chef for the past 10 years, 3 of them in a professional Italian restaurant, so I know enough, especially on pasta.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Excellent food and service . Great place to visit on a bank holiday. Staff friendly and attentive. Will visit again.

1  Thank ifraser2018
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Just popped into my local for a take away sunday dinner. Once again it will take me 2 days to eat it. I call it the sunday/monday dinner simply because it lasts that long. If you can find me a bigger sunday dinner for the price they charge and with the same quality. I would love to ear about it. Cheers once again for top grub.

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

Cannot fault the food and service at The Bridgend. Very competitive prices. Homely and friendly pub.