The Parkway Hotel & Spa
Priceline
US$92
Gateway Hotel(Newport)
US$67
Travelodge Newport Central(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$63
Travelodge
  • Free Internet
US$53
Priceline
1,241 results
All reviewscakesafternoon tealog fireleisure facilitiesbar areawedding partylovely hotelevening mealbirthday treattom joneswaiting staffmember of stafffunction roomfood was lovelystaff were very helpfulduty managerovernight stay
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Fortunate to have stayed here.
Uncannily like some Vegas hotels.
Couldn't fault the facilities.
King size bed was a luxury.
You have to try and sit by the fire.
Out of many hotels, good value.
Ultimately well run and friendly.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 May 2014

...and apparently the first experience wasn't a fluke. Good hotel, very well run and I am happy to recommend it. I especially liked the Dragons Den, which is a residents only snug area with TV, dart board real fire and leather armchairs.

Room Tip: During the summer its a popular venue for weddings so ask to be away from the reception area if you want a quiet weekend.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

spent 2 nights here with my daughter for a weekend away as she is getting married in june .drove up from devon very impressed on arrival .and overall we had a fantastic time everyone was really helpfull as we did have a couple of hiccups to do with a spa treatment and no corkscrew to open our bottle of wine in our room that i ordered for our arrival . there were mainly older people at the hotel but it was a joy in the evenings to watch them dance.food was amazing and i think 'tim' in the restaurant although doing his job was really friendly and really made us welcome we booked through secret escapes but i would definately want to stay here again and i did tell my husband so ;-) thank you so much

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank mandysnook
Kerry J, General Manager at The Parkway Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Mandysnook,

Thank you very much for posting such a wonderful review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments regarding our team of staff and our lovely food really are appreciated, thank you for sharing them. Thank you for the comment about the corkscrew, I'll make sure that doesn't happen again.

We hope you have a fabulous day at your daughters wedding and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Weekend break booked for my parents and my husband and myself. We were impressed with cleanliness and our overall impressions were favourable. We ate in the restaurant for dinner and breakfast and were very pleased with the quality of the food. In all depts. the staff were friendly and professional. I was impressed with the little extras, ie.a retractable washing line over the bath, ideal for drying my swimming costume after an early morning swim in the pool, not something I have encountered elsewhere. My only very minor negative is that the showers in the fitness centre were rather cold.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
1  Thank Kim O

Dear KimO,

Thank you very much for your kind review.

We are so pleased that you had a wonderful weekend break at our hotel and that you were impressed with the extra touches in our bedrooms. Your lovely feedback regarding the quality of our food and our friendly staff are greatly appreciated here at The Parkway.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon for another weekend break.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I have stayedcatvthis hotel many timescand enjoyed it. but recently and Unfortunately the focus at this hotel in the bar and restaurant seems to have shifted to process over customer service. I had to ask 4.times and it took 25 minutes to have my order taken in the restaurant and during the meal there was more interest in preparing tables for breakfast than responding my attempts to order a desert. The broccoli from the carvery was the worst vegetable I have ever been served - over cooked, a dreadful colour ... but was still put on the table.
Staff in the bar finish their conversations before asking a customer what they might want to order.

Rooms very clean. Breakfast a better experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank DavidS7079
Kerry J, General Manager at The Parkway Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Davids7079

I am very sorry that you were disappointed with the service you received during your recent stay at our hotel.

I appreciate your feedback and I've taken on board all of your comments. We try very hard to achieve an excellent service standard at all times and I am sincerely sorry that we did not deliver these standards on this occasion. We have regular training sessions throughout the hotel and I can assure you that your points will be addressed with our food and beverage team.

We are pleased that you found our bedrooms to be clean and that you found our breakfast to be better.

We sincerely hope you give The Parkway another try and that you experience a better standard of service when you next visit.