“Terrible customer service”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cwmbran
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Terrible customer service”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

There is no point in me leaving a comment here as the hotel will block it. Although some of the staff were incredibly helpful and polite, the evening management when we were there were appalling, absolutely no customer service skills at all, and the young bar staff were rude and incompetnent. The decor and hotel itself are lovely, and previously i have recommended people stay there but i will never do that again as my whole experience of the palce has been very much tainted by the lack of good management.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank RalphWinnie
Kerry J, General Manager at The Parkway Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear RalphWinnie,

I am most concerned to read your review and I urge you to contact me direct regarding your comments .

Also. I do not understand the first line of your review, we cannot block reviews on Tripadvisor, we respond to all types of feedback through the management centre which can be read by the reviewer along with potential guests.

I have emailed you privately with my telephone number and email address and I sincerely hope to hear from you regarding this.

Yours sincerely

Kerry Jennings

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Cambridgeshire
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed one night as visiting Cardiff for rugby match. The staff were excellent and organised a early check in for us. Lunch was really good and a nice atmosphere about the place. The room was very good and had everything we needed. Bathroom very spacious. Everything very clean and lovely decor. The buffet breakfast was good but the bacon was overdone. Plenty of tea and coffee offered. Reception staff very friendly and helpful. Did not use Spa as we did not have enough time.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

buckinghamshire,england
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed for 1 night bank holiday weekend.
Very impressed with the hotel and decor.
Staff were very pleasant, polite and helpful.
Requested an early check in and room was ready, very clean and tidy with all the amenities you'd expect.
Receptionist was very helpful arranging a taxi to the train station for us.
Breakfast was buffet style and was very good indeed.
Overall I got the impression the hotel is very well run and would recommend staying here if in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Cwmbran, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I would strongly reccomend the Parkway Hotel to anyone and everyone for the perfect wedding day. My wedding Co-ordinator Lucy was amazing, so understanding, helpful and I would now call her a good friend. She arranged a night before package for me, my bridesmaids, mother, mother-in-law and friends. It was so relaxing with our spa treatments, arrival drinks, three course meal and private room with sofas, tv/dvd, PJ party, overnight stay and a perfect breakfast on the morning of my wedding. I didn't have a hen night so this was a great way to spend my last evening with friends and family as a Miss!

Everything ran so smoothly and I honestly would not have changed a second of my day plus the amazing weather helped too!

Everyone had a great time and could not believe how relaxed the atmosphere was. The food was great, every member of the staff were helpful, very complimentary and caring.

If your looking for a reasonable price wedding which still has class and elegance this would be the place.

Thank you to everyone at the Parkway Hotel for making the perfect day for me and my new hubby!

Much Love

Kelly Jones

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed here last night as part of a wedding party. On arrival, Nicola on reception was very pleasant and helpful. The rooms are very spacious and have lots of mirrors and brilliant lighting which most hotels lack! Had one of the best nights sleep, the beds are very comfy. Also, the bar staff were very helpful as we were in reception until 3AM and they did everything that we wanted! Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed May 2014
Kerry J, General Manager at The Parkway Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Dear Jenna,

Thank you very much for posting a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed the recent wedding you attended and that you found our team staff friendly and helpful. Your comments are very much appreciated and thank you for taking the time to share them.

We hope to see you again soon and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Parkway Hotel.

Best wishes

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We recently stayed overnight as our friend was using this as his wedding reception. We had a great day and a good night stay when we woke in the morning feeling slightly worse for wear the breakfast was super quality and much needed.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Julian O,

Thank you very much for posting such a lovely review of our hotel.

We are delighted that you enjoyed the recent wedding you attended. Your comments are greatly appreciated by our team of staff here at The Parkway and thank you for sharing them.

Best wishes

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2014

my stay at the Best Western Parkway in Cwmbran: I booked through the central booking number, one night B and B May 9th for my husband's birthday, the professionalism and quality of the telephone call is where the customer service ended for Best Western.

Everything was as expected until I ventured into the actual hotel where all sense of customer service, focus and professionalism is lost, please visit this hotel as it should be renamed Fawlty Towers.

We checked in and reception took my debit card to pre authorise £50 should I wish to charge to my room...fine. We had no towels in the room, a fact only discovered when I ended my shower! The cafetiere was broken!

I booked a table in the restaurant where we were charged twice for a bottle of pinot.

On checkout whilst explaining this catalogue of errors to the receptionist, she then was adamant that my bill to pay included the £81 room charge that I had already paid again, and argued with me at the desk until she found my file and finally agreed that I had indeed paid the orignal sum over the telephone when I booked.

So, the stay was not the highlight of my treat to my husband and now to add insult to injury, despite taking the £90 debit that I spent in the restaurant, and the £8. odd drinks bill my £50 has not been released back to my account.

When I questioned this I was told it would take up to 48 hrs, (which had passed). I had to telephone my bank yesterday to confirm this was still a pending payment, received an authorisation code for Best Western to cancel the transaction which subsequently they faxed to Nationwide NOT Nat West - god help us all!

I spent £81 for the room, £90 for a meal in the restaurant and further money at the bar.
Nicola the duty manager offered me a 25% reduction off my next stay, then increased this to 45%......nothing would persuade me to visit this hotel again, to top it all I received a generic email from the customer service department who basically could not care less. At the end of the day this is a chain hotel and a multi national, their service should be top notch and it is very much not.

2 Thank Rulinda
Dear Rulinda,

I am sincerely sorry that you were disappointed with your recent stay at our hotel.

Our reception team recalls your comments regarding the points raised in your review and it's disappointing to learn that despite our efforts to rectify issues during your stay that have we let you down in a few areas. I can assure that your feedback has been taken on board and more importantly that we will learn from it.

I do hope you give us another try and experience a much more enjoyable experience next time.

Kind regards

Kerry Jennings
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cwmbran
Ramada Resort Cwrt Bleddyn Hotel & Spa
Best Western Pontypool Metro Hotel
The Priory Hotel & Restaurant
Mercure Cardiff Holland House Hotel and Spa
Glen-yr-Afon House Hotel
St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Been to The Parkway Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!