“Afternoon Tea”

The Parkway Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cwmbran
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

A group of us went to the Parkway for afternoon tea for a birthday celebration. We were very impressed. I have never been to this hotel before, don't know why because it is virtually on my doorstep.
The hotel is laid out beautifully. Very large lounge area really spacious and lovely and clean. Now for the afternoon tea it was delicious, lovely sandwiches, scones with jam and clotted cream welsh cake and a variety of fancy cakes unfortunately couldn't eat it all, so the charming young man behind the bar gave us a box to take our cakes home. The service was exemplary by the young lady and lad who served us, there was just a lovely atmosphere there. I will definately go back. It will be an ideal present for my mothers birthday and aunts, they will love it.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Geoffrey C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,187)

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Had a 1 night stay at the Parkway with friends last saturday, we must complement all the staff for a very warm and friendly welcome and looking after us during our short stay. Our stay was made all the more pleasurable by the accommodating bar staff and especially Kath, who looked after us. Breakfast was delicious. Thank you very much.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I stayed at the hotel due to a wedding party, On arrival we were greeted with friendly staff, and given our room number, the room we stayed in was spotless....We then enjoyed a swim sauna steam room etc all free of charge before getting ready for party, the buffet was outstanding and the djs were good and again friendly staff behind the bar. Breakfast was a self service style which meant you could have as much or as little as you wanted..service for tea/coffee again very good. The surrounding grounds were delighful.Checking out was simple and straight forward, all round a great hotel, great staff were eveyone was made to feel welcome. We would stay here again.

2  Thank Sherrie M
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for 1 night as I was in South Wales on business the next day so arrived a day early.On arrival,I was immediately taken by how well kept the hotel looked as I drove into the car park. The interior was very nice and clean,the check in staff were extremely helpful and friendly as were the bar staff where I also had my evening meal.The room was excellent and of a good size and included a desk for working and also a dining table,The bed was very comfortable and I enjoyed a good nights sleep.Breakfast the next morning was lovely and my checking out experience was very smooth.In all,I was completely satisfied with my brief stay,very attentive staff and I will certainly be using the hotel again next month as I have another business trip then.9.5 out of 10 from me overall.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here for a one night "minimoon" check in was flawless.....the reception staff were very friendly and congratulated us on our recent wedding. We were upgraded to a suite room. Which was lovely, clean and quiet overlooking the garden. The hotel was kept immaculately and the room even more so. The surroundings of the hotel were pretty with a terraced area for evening drinks, a vintage tree swing and outdoor seating. The spa and swimming pool also ewe immaculate with a large conservatory with loungers for chill time. We really enjoyed the bar food, however the drinks at the bar weren't cheap....typical hotel prices. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this pretty little hidden gem of a hotel and would definitely return. Thanks for a great stay :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The open-plan lay out of the interior of the hotel and grounds create a very light and spacious environment. The manageress (should that be female manager?) can feel very proud of her team who are very friendly and accommodating making guests feel very relaxed and comfortable.
We were disappointed with the afternoon tea - we felt that there were insufficient sandwiches (we requested and received extra) and that they lacked variety; the cakes weren't dainty as expected, the scones were a meal in themselves!
Being a cask beer fan I was disappointed with the taste of those on offer, although this very much a matter of personal taste.
Overall we enjoyed our stay and would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a spa break, 1 night with dinner bed and breakfast use of spa facilities and a choice of spa treatment. We were pleasantly surprised when arriving at the Parkway as we dont live too far away but had never been to this hotel. it is surrounded in large lush green gardens with a nice outside eating or drinking area, large reception area nicley decorated and a lovley bar area offering coffees/teas and alcoholic drinks, we arrived much earlier than the expected arrival time which was at 2pm but had been told we could use the leisure facilities as soon as we arrived. We were lucky as our room was available and we could check in immediatly we were located on the first floor room overlooking lovley garden area, the room was very nice with a bay window and 2 armed window seats very clean and welcoming. We soon got ready and went in the Colonial spa area where there was a gym (I didnt use) fully kitted out with all the gym equipment you could ask for, a sauna steam room jacuzzi and a lovley pool, surrounding this area were loungers and comfy rattan seated areas to relax, they had a cafe in this area which sereved light lunches and afternoon teas. We spent most of the day here and retired early evening to get ready for dinner, we were booked into the ravellos restaraunt and we could not fault the excellent service and wonderful tasty food, we had choice of eating from the evening carvery or at an additional cost we could eat from the main restaraunt menu (which we chose) all food was of an al' carte style and was very nice. In the bar area of an evening they had a singer and with a band so was nice to relax and enjoy the entertainment. We had a good sleep beds comfy. First class breakfast which was self service with everything you could want for breakfast, we returned to the leisure facilities and had our spa treatment, 2 x neck shoulder and back massage, it was very relaxing and well worth the money. Our overall experience of this hotel is excellent, we could not find anything we would want to complain about. I would be happy to recomend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cwmbran
Ramada Resort Cwrt Bleddyn Hotel & Spa
#2 of 2 in Langstone
The Manor Hotel
The Manor Hotel
#1 of 3 in Crickhowell

Been to The Parkway Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!