“Yucky snacks”

Cwmbran, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Yucky snacks”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Theres not really a lot you can fail on at a cinema. You only get brief service to purchase tickets and snacks, the big screens do the rest. Although the service was fine, the snacks were poor. My popcorn tasted like cold cardboard, and my nachos were given with watery salsa??

Visited June 2014

Wales UK
109 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 227 helpful votes
“Needs to get it's act together!!!”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Booked online to view 'Godzilla' and film time was stated 1325 hours on the web page where we pre-purchased tickets. We left allowing 45 mins for travel on a journey predicated to be 21 minutes (Google Maps) - yeah right!!!! Horrendous traffic flow problems going into the town that made me think other venues must be easier. Arrived finally at 1315 hrs with 10 mins to spare, was easy enough to get my pre-booked tickets from the machine in the foyer. Refreshments were really something else! Long queues with staff really being quite slow at what they were doing and to add to the delay you can get your cinema tickets from the food outlet too! Well good to seats in the nick of time only to sit through about 30 mins of adverts for films etc. Eventually the film commenced and about an hour in decided on more refreshments, could not believe the length of the queue yet again!!!! Took about 20 mins to get served (fair play the lass who served me was slick!) amazingly I was asked to enter my date of birth into the till!!! As a VERY mature man this was quite a surprise and must admit feel it to be mindless! Why the hell does someone who does not look under age (56 so no near miss!!) have to enter their date of birth into a till?? OK the film was well worth it but the rest of the experience leaves much to be desired which starts with the traffic flow into Cwmbran itself to the lengthy queues for service & having to verify my age. Will certainly think long and hard the next time if Cwmbran is the right venue as the time I queued in traffic I am sure I could have been in Newport.

Visited May 2014