“Restaurant”

Jabajak Vineyard & Restaurant with Rooms
Ranked #1 of 3 Llanboidy B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 November 2009

This was our 2nd visit to Jabajaks. Hubby and I were really excited as it was our first night out together for 18 months (2 children and no baby sitter) and boy were we impressed again. We had a peak at the menu online and knew what we wanted before we went but still pondered over the menu, after all it would be rude not to!
The waitress that greeted us had fantastic customer service, relaxed and professional making us feel like we were the only couple (perfect for our night out together). The food was amazing (highly recommend the bruschetta for starter, Duck or steak for main). We were thrilled when it was time for dessert as the special of the day thanks to Wilson was Tiramisu in either rum or coffee, decision made instantly as this is our favourite. we were so impressed with the wine that we bought another bottle to bring home with us. Thank you Jabajaks, we can't wait for our next visit. We asked about the vineyard and are really excited to try your wine next year, do you need any willing volunteers to help taste test?

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 July 2009

As our daughters were away, my wife and I decided last minute to go away for Saturday night. A quick search on the web and we found Jabajak, only 40 miles down the road from us in Swansea. The only room left was the new Grainstore room which was a little more than we had planned to spend but it sounded great.
We arrived around 2pm on Saturday. 200yds from the entrance won't believe your in the right place, then a small sign gives away the location. Pulling up in the car park at the back of the vineyard we noticed a red kite circling, followed by a guy on a tractor taking food out for it which was fantastic to watch.
We went up to the house and were greeted by Amanda and were shown to our room. The Grainstore is exactly as described and a really lovely room, highly recommended for a special treat, very tastefully decorated and furnished in keeping with the building.
We had a very relaxing afternoon as it was pouring down and I enjoyed watching another visit from the kite.
Dinner was superb, excellent food and excellent service. The restaurent and bar area have been done out very well making the most of the original buildings.
Breakfast was also first rate.
One a slight niggle was that there was no blind/curtain on the door into our room (although it was the top of an outside staircase with nothing overlooking it felt a little lacking in privacy) or on the skylight - which meant it was broad daylight in the room by 5am
I would recommend Jabajak to anyone, we wouldn't hesitate to go back. Amanda and Julian are excellent hosts as well as being a great source of info on the area, walks, local wildlife etc etc
My only regret is that I meant to ask why it's called Jabajak...

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2008

After a pretty dismal summer, one was looking foward to going away to Wales a lot more than I normally do as it is rather a long drive (almost 6 hours to be honest)!! Every year we find somewhere new, and this year was the most wonderful and pleasant yet - Jabajak. In a nutshell - Beautiful, Relaxing and Quality in anything and everything they do! The owners were simply magnificent, helping us in any way possible during our stay in 'The Farmhouse suite'. As for the staff, to my suprise, the head chef is a young lad, not even in his 20's yet, whose food was terrific and unquestionably delicious, to the waitress, a charming and good looking young lass. As it was a weekend stay, we met a lot of staff, all of whom seemed to be very young - and i take my hat off to them - Brilliant job, courtious, charming, helpful and really made my husband and I enjoy our visit. I shall definately be returning next year, this time hopefully forever as it's one of those places where you wish you could never leave, and they are hard to come across these days.
Thankyou to everyone at Jabajak

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Happy_holiday76
Reviewed 29 October 2008

As a 40th birthday treat, we booked a 2 night stay at Jabajaks.
We discovered the hotel by chance on the internet and like other guests were intrigued by the unusual name etc.
I contacted the hotel directly and spoke to Amanda to book our accomodation etc.
Arrived on the afternoon of my birthday with my wife and recieved a very friendly welcome from Amanda.
We stayed in the Garden suite, they do need to sort out a few niggles and could do with investing in a freeview box for the tv!

We ate in the restaurant on both nights, recommend that you try the "nook" area, service, ambience and food is fantastic however the second night was not as good as the first.

Overall an excellent experience however a little bit pricey!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2008

Places with a genuinely high standard of food are few and far between round here, so to find somewhere with good food PLUS a good wine list PLUS good accommodation means JABAJAK is a bit of a gem.

I was almost put off going by the name, which I thought sounded a bit gimmicky, but I'm so glad we went in the end.

The few niggles are that the path between the car park and the restaurant is quite long and the surface is awful - very rough and stony and dangerous to walk on in heels (which would be ruined in the process.)

In addition, someone with a wood plane needs to be hired to sort some of the doors out. The door to the ladies loos in the restaurant is permanently open as it catches on the floor and scrapes and so is difficult to move. Similarly, the door to our room, The Garden Room, caught and scraped on the floor and so was difficult to open. I thought someone was having a joke and holding their foot against the door in the morning, when I tried to open the door and couldn't get out of the room! The bathroom door in our room was also impossible to close and wouldn't lock, so my husband and I got to know each other's toilet habits rather more intimately than we would have liked!

These are minor niggles though and I would recommend this place to anyone. I gave it four stars instead of five, due to the minor niggles.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2008

We stayed at Jabajak for two nights in July 08 on a short break. The property was smaller than we expected but had everything we needed. We stayed in the Farmhouse Room which was light and airy with a fab bathroom which had a jacuzzi bath.

We ate at the hotel on both evenings - out of choice, although there was nothing else in the immediate vicinity - and the food was fantastic. The menu was big enough to be able to select something we liked both evenings,but I ate the same on the second night as the first because it had been so good!!! The quality of the food was very good and the combinations of tastes were not as you would necessarily expect. Selection of wines from the onsite wine merchant was fantastic too.

The only point that I would make is that we were kind of left to our own devices at all time. That was good in a way - but we were left wondering where breakfast would be and at what time, where and when to check out, how to book a table for dinner etc and it was disappointing to see one of the owners drinking behind the bar with his friend when guests were sat with empty glasses on the other side. The waitress was excellent though - very attentive on both evenings.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2008

A really lovely little hotel. Food was good. Hosts laid back and welcoming, and very helpful. We stayed in the Garden Suite - very nice, spacious and airy, but the large windows do not allow for any privacy. The only other minor quibbles: there was no bath in the room, only a shower, and a comnunal table for breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Been to Jabajak Vineyard & Restaurant with Rooms? Share your experiences!