“Amazing”

Red Kite Feeding Station
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: A purpose built hide for viewing the feeding of the Red Kites . The hide has some wooden benches to sit on and standing room with a shelf to rest a camera on . We feed at 3.00PM SUMMER and then 2.00PM when the clocks change the end of OCTOBER. You need to be inside the hides before feeding time , If you arrive after feeding time you may not be allowed into the hides because this disturbs the people already inside and waiting. NOISE must be kept to a minimum so that the Red Kites are not scared away. Children must be taken out if making too much noise . Remember these birds are wild and we have no control on how many will turn up or how soon they will dive in for the food . Every day is different and also weather dependant etc etc CAFE IS CLOSED , PLEASE EAT, DRINK ETC ON ROUTE. WELL BEHAVED DOGS WELCOME must be on a lead. REMEMBER YOU MUST BE IN THE HIDE BEFORE FEEDING SO YOU WILL NOT BE TURNED AWAY . THEY ARE COMPLETELY WILD AND WE CANNOT PREDICT HOW SOON THEY WILL COME IN TO FEED .
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This is an amazing site to see.
When we went there were more than 30 birds swooping down in front of you.
Absolutely spectacular.
Also worth eating at the telegraph cafe next to railway crossing at llangadog.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"second visit"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I’m so pleased we stopped by the Red Kite Feeding Centre. We were there for around an hour watching an amazing display of around 90 red kites flying right overhead and swooping down to grab the food. These birds are simply stunning and the lovely couple who run the centre and feed the birds were helpful and informative. If you’re in the area, don’t miss it.

1  Thank Pauline T
tysonbruno2, Owner at Red Kite Feeding Station, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to come and see the Red Kites and leaving a wonderful review. It makes both of us very happy when people really enjoy these amazing birds and how lucky we all are that they have survived and hopefully will continue to spread to a wider area for every one to look at and enjoy.

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Visited as a recommendation from a family member that went and I’m so happy we did.

Friendly staff that were very helpful and knowledgeable.

Stunning to see so many beautiful birds up close and all for the good of the species.

1  Thank BedsAdvisor
tysonbruno2, Owner at Red Kite Feeding Station, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Thank you , really happy that you enjoyed the wonderful Red Kites .

Reviewed 12 April 2018

As a bird lover I came here and was not disappointed. So many kites swooping down to collect food on the wing. I stayed a while just marvelling at the stunning bird

1  Thank chris504019
tysonbruno2, Owner at Red Kite Feeding Station, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

It makes our day when someone really appreciates the magical wonder of the Red Kites and stays long enough to enjoy them as they dive and swirl through the sky . Too many people come and do not understand that the Red Kites are completely wild and will do as they please and sometimes keep people waiting . I really feel sorry for the people who cannot just relax and admire and not clock watch ,they really do miss out on so much . Thank you .

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Today I took my family to the red kite feeding centre, what an experience. So good my my daughter (8), said I'm glad I put my iPad down to do this. But not only that she wants to do her half term project on what she saw today.
My wife & mother in law loved their visit, and now understand why I like to visit on a regular basis!

1  Thank Gwynne H
tysonbruno2, Owner at Red Kite Feeding Station, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

It makes us so happy when children are interested in wild life and think it is so important for the future of the fantastic wild life we have in Wales and the ongoing protection of our rare and beautiful Red Kites . Thank you for taking the time to visit .