Le Bignon
La Rigauderie(Longue-Jumelles)
US$116
US$113
TripAdvisor
Le Vert Galant(La Fleche)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewscomfortable bedswarm welcomepetertranquilbauge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 July 2011

We had a lovely relaxing three days with Wendy and Peter at the end of June. The weather was very hot so the pool was great for us. We were very comfortable in the Chambres d Hotes and enjoyed the meals that Peter prepared for us.They are a lovely couple and we hope that we will be able to visit them again.

Sheila and Alfie

Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shealf
Reviewed 14 June 2011

My Dad suggested that we visit Le Bignon so that we could hire out Vine House for the week, and have a family holiday again, now that we're all grown up. He couldn't have selected a better location, the accommodation and welcome we received were fantastic. Everything surpassed my expectations, starting with our warm welcome from Wendy, followed later in the week by the exquisite meal prepared by wonder-cook Peter, through to the cool, refreshing welcome of the crystal clear swimming pool waters meticulously maintained by the multi-talented Peter.

Vine House itself is a comfortable, clean and well-planned accommodation, which fit in perfectly for our needs - 3 well designed bedrooms with exposed beams, a choice of showers, well-equipped kitchen, relaxing sofas and even UK TV channels so that I didn't have to miss the Monaco GP. Peter was also on hand to update us on the cricket score, although, when sat out on the peaceful terrace, sipping the local sparking wines and looking out over the beautiful gardens, it wasn't top of our concerns.

Peter and Wendy made our stay extra special with their welcome, information, help and relentless endeavour to keep us happy and well fed. I have already recommended Vine House and the attached mansion house rooms to most of my friends but thought that the internet needed to take my recommendation too, so here it is. We'll be back soon.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank BlueReZZ
Reviewed 6 June 2011

This is my 3rd visit to Le Bignon and the first time staying in the Vine House, with our grown up family. It was over and above our expectations, lovely character lounge area and homely touches throughout. Every facility you could wish for including dishwasher and washing machine. Full luxury bedrooms with exposed beams and very comfortable beds. Outside you have an entertainment area, large table and reclining chairs and charcoal BBQ, ideal for family meals. Then, the beautiful gardens with the large swimming pool, which was crystal clear and wonderful to relax by after a day sight seeing. My son and daughter and their partners have not stopped talking about the Manor house. Last but not least the warm welcome by Wendy and Peter, throughout our stay giving tips and advice where to visit, and I have to comment on the the 4 course evening meal cooked by chef Peter, was top class, in the candlelit dining room. I would highly recommend a stay what ever your age group!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank mick_shannon
Reviewed 13 May 2011

Once again Wendy and Peter looked after us in the most outstanding fashion. We first visited them in 2003 and have returned many times since. One of the hallmarks of a truly great place to stay in our opinion is consistancy. Over and over again Wendy and Peter exceed our expectations which is difficult to do, but they have found the magic formula.
Wendys attention to detail and wonderful taste for interiors and Peters unsupassed culinary activities make a magical combination.
The location of Le Bignon is also a major factor. Its quiet but is so close to many castles and vineyards - a wonderful combination for bucolic days out.
Would thoroughly recommend Le Bignon without hesitation to anyone.

Room Tip: Just let Wendy and Peter know your needs.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RJH1955
Reviewed 8 September 2010

This was my second visit, and I cannot recommend it high enough, perfect in every way. Wendy and Peter are English and their attention to detail is stunning. The large Black room B&B is top class with beautiful furniture and decor and the super king size bed, was so comfortable. My wife especially like the little fresh flowers and Wendy's cross stitch. The food is of a very high standard cooked by chef Peter and elegantly served by Wendy. We felt so at home in the friendly and cosy sitting room. The candlelight meal was the best I have experienced, and after a hot day 30C and swim in the amazing pool, this was a day we will cherish forever. Just booked the vine house for next summer, along with my son and daughter and wife and partner , I cannot wait !! It's our 35th wedding anniversary

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple