“Fantastic resort - best in Crowsnest Pass”

Crowsnest Mountain Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crowsnest Pass
Crowsnest Mountain Resort
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Fantastic resort - best in Crowsnest Pass”
Reviewed 7 January 2013

If you are looking to combine practical luxury with the great outdoors and nature of southern Alberta, the Crowsnest Mountain Resort is a superb choice. I stayed there first in 2011, and returned in 2012. There are only five or so cabins, so you have to act fast to secure a reservation especially for peak times.

The cabins are clean, well decorated and outfitted with all you need. Comfortable bed with soft duvet, kitchen with dining wear and living room with futon that makes into a bed. CMR may not be the Ritz Carlton, but it isn't "roughting it" either. Practical yet comfortable.

Never had a problem with mice (in October) or any other unwelcome creatures. The staff and management was incredibly friendly and accommodating. I believe they are Swiss, and the Swiss are known for their hospitality and hotel skills. The CMR could as well be in the Swiss Alps. I kinda liked that they didn't have housekeeping every day, but only on request. Housekeeping at most hotels usually come at the worst time. Here, I could order it when I wanted and needed it. A great convenience actually.

What is special about CMR is - without a doubt - the location. Just enough outside Coleman (3 km) to make it seem remote, yet close enough to the towns and places you need to be and see. Since its a bit remote, you have an INCREDIBLE night sky - with the Milky Way cloud totally visable. Plus, you have a superb view of Crowsnest Mountain (the pic I included was taken on-property).

The worst thing about the resort was there are only 5 cabins. I wish there was more non-RV accommodations. Perhaps villas would be good, as long as they don't destroy what makes CMR special - the nature.

In the Pass, you gotta check out The Grand, RumRunner and Blackbird in Coleman, and the Bellevue Inn (Karoke on Th-Sun nights).

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank brian_NL

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 12 November 2012

My husband and I stayed in one of the cabins over the November long weekend. Despite the chilly weather outside, we were thrilled to find that our cabin was perfectly cozy and warm upon our arrival. Initially we had booked a B&B down the road, but we were travelling with a pet and that accommodation was not pet-friendly. It was a bonus to discover that Crowsnest Mountain Resort allowed pets!
The cabin is equipped with a bar fridge, two-burner hot plate, kettle, cutlery, pans, dish rack and a BBQ. My husband and I packed a roast and veggies and had delicious BBQ all weekend (in -12 weather)!
The lady at the home-office was extremely friendly and helpful, guiding us to the Allison hiking trails (which were only minutes away). Needless to say, the weekend was full of adventure and relaxation!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JLYu
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I have stayed here year after year with my fiance and have LOVED it each time. The staff have always been friendly and the cabins are always clean. I don't know about the previous poster complaining about mice, I've never seen one there, and yeah, mice happen especially in the mountains. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We arrived sunday was told at check in that they do not have house keeping, but if i need anything to let them know. great, we had a great stay in crowsnest enjoyed the town, and country side. but yes i did have to ask for clean towels and for our floor to be cleaned , which was not realy cleaned thankfully i had lysol wipes with me so i washed the floor on my holiday. so along came Thursday and what did we find at 11 at night but a Mouse, which we had to catch and get rid of because there was no answer at the main house. so I stayed awake all night till 4 am fell asleep till 6 then started packing we were suppose to stay one more night but after looking around the fridge area yes I found mouse droppings. when i phoned at 7 in the morning I was told "well that's what happens in the country mountain area". My answer was NO we have stayed in all cabins across Jasper and banff, and never had an issue as this.
when I asked for my fees to be returned for the rest of our stay, I was only given a portion back.
when we went up to the main house to return our key Our portion of fees was in a envelope taped to the door, and a guy was on the balcony in his robe and said mice happen in the cabins it's just the way it is in the mountains. and i asked where do you want the key and he asked me to go back to the cabin and leave it in the room with the door un locked and the "cleaning lady " would get it. LOL unbelievable so we did and got the hell out of there.
also when i called to book the cabin i asked if it had a full kitchen with stove and fridge she said yes. It was a bar fridge and a 2 burner hot plate. ridiculous for $165 a night

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank tkbrook

Travellers are raving about these Crowsnest Pass hotels

Medicine Hat, Canada
Reviewed 2 September 2011

If you are wanting a camp spot in the Crowsnest Pass, do not stay here. The pass is known for its wind but with no protection and the highway just below, this place will eat you alive. The bathrooms were also quite gross and without toilet paper. Do yourself a favor and rent a hotel then move along to Fernie. At $33/night and no trees, you're better off to keep on driving!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank StellaFred
Vulcan, Canada
Reviewed 24 May 2011

A long weekend and campsite was full. Bathrooms disgusting, mud and hair everywhere, no toilet paper, ladies room door broken, hot water shut off on Sunday, facilities useless. No free wifi as advertised. It's for restaurant patrons only. Temp sites mixed with perm sites noise level loud, dogs come into your camp & mess everywhere. Watch where you step! Our campsite had garbage from previous campers. Fire ban in effect, yet open fires . They charge you up front for all your nights that you expect to stay and if you want to leave early there is no refund, no comps for inconveniences, only excuses.

Room Tip: Visit other campgrounds!