“Okay ”

Price range: US$8 - US$12
Cuisines: Sushi, Pizza, Thai, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Serving both pizza and various Asian cuisine to two unique dining rooms - you will not leave disappointed!
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Stop in for supper. Service was quick and friendly. Had a couple of items from their new menu. Was okay and bit expensive.

Erica W, Owner at Bamboo Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Hi Randy,

I'm glad you enjoyed our server and came out to try our new menu.

I am surprised to hear it was only okay as I've yet to only hear amazing feedback from the customers. Perhaps it just wasn't the right dish for you?!

As for expensive, perhaps a little but I keep things very standard for the industry and only purchase the highest quality. We hadn't changed our pricing in two years and did an average 4-5% increase. With wages and food costs going up this is an unfortunate reality.

Hope to see you again some time and perhaps we can assist you in finding something better suited to your tastes!

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

We went to a tasting event for the new menu and thoroughly enjoyed the new tastes. The Inferno roll was tasty with a bit of heat but not too much. The Sasquatch roll was delicious and the crunchy texture of the fried onions was a great addition. The poke bowl was very tasty but my favourite was the beef bowl. The addition of the 5grain rice blend is great. I prefer the chewy texture of brown rice.
Thanks for inviting us. We are looking forward to the unveiling of the entire new menu.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Awesome food great service I would recommend this restaurant to everyone. If you want to have a different menu just go to the other side of the restaurant and have their pizza and craft beer. #gocrowsnest #explorethepass #findyourselfinthepass #explorealberta #seeyourselfinthepass

1  Thank crownestpass
Erica W, Owner at Bamboo Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Thanks for the wonderful review - always a pleasure to hear such good feedback.

You should pop in for 1/2 price applies some time on a Thursday night - switch things up a bit!

Reviewed 29 August 2017

This was our second visit here. The first time was excellent. This time was a disaster. We were 4 adults & 3 children and we started with a couple of appetizers. These came fairly quick. Our main orders however, never showed. After an hour, I suggested to our waitress that as the kids orders we for sushi rolls that weren't cooked, they should at least be brought out. 20 minutes after that, when I noticed that the table that was there prior to us also hadn't been served, we got up, paid for what we'd had, and left. A few days later, when I was much more relaxed, I returned to speak with the manager in the late morning while it was still quiet. No one was in the restaurant. I was informed that she was too busy to speak with me. I left once again. There will NOT be another return for me. I will be sure to express my thoughts on this place to all the people I know and by this review to those I don't.

Hello ChillyRider,

First of all - I am very sorry for this situation. I assure you that it has been taken very seriously and staff involved have had the entire evening reviewed in depth. Unfortunately it was a rough night for all of us as there was a funeral for a local girl which not only effected peoples moods but also our staffing situation. This fact aside, it should never have taken that long for what you had ordered.

Regarding your coming to speak with me on the Tuesday - I apologize but as you came in at lunch I was literally in the middle of cooking for several tables/take outs and knew you wouldn't want to wait the 5-10 minutes it would take to come speak with you. I mentioned to the server that I would be a little while - but would do my best to be quick. She informed me of your complaint as you chose to speak with her instead.

I'm here most of our open hours and would be happy to discuss things with your further any time.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

If you're a fan of sushi and Thai food, this place is legit. Keep in mind whenever ordering at a sushi spot, you're guaranteed to spend $30 on variety. Very impressed with the quality of service and food.

Hi Candice, Im so glad you have been enjoying our food! Ill pass the word on to the staff as its always nice for them to know they're doing a good job! If you're looking for more variety in sushi for a lower price, the mini rolls or sushi sampler are a fantastic choice - maybe something to try next time!

We will be rolling out some big changes to them menu some time this fall so look forward to trying some great new dishes!