“Very comfortable hotel”

Hotel Santika Bengkulu
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Bengkulu
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I recently spent three nights in the hotel. Our room was very well presented with a very comfortable bed, great shower in the bathroom, tea and coffee making facilities in the room. The hotel is very well managed and the staff very efficient. We only ate breakfast here as it was included in the rate and that was very good with plenty of choices both Asian and Western. Did not use the restaurant in the evening although it looked popular with the Ramadan buffet on offer. Pool was small and a bit dingy but nice to have a place for a few lengths and we had it all to ourselves when we were there. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: We had a sixth floor room and it was really quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed at Santika hotel because we didn't see any good hotels in Bengkulu. The hotel looked fine and modern. Check in process was Room was good and clean - Santika's standard. Free wifi was available, too. Overall Santika is good and comfortable for staying. Will stay at this hotel when we visit Bengkulu again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Basically excellent amenities and lots of hot water in the shower (major plus!). The menu in the restaurant was adequate and the quality was good. My major gripe was the poor attitude especially of the front of house staff, and especially the female front of house staff (the young men were exemplary)....more than a little arrogance on display and a lack of basic respect shown to an older male....I walked away from my encounter with one young woman after being ORDERED to "SIT DOWN PLEASE" thinking..."You wouldn't speak to your Father in that manner." So, some work to be done here in terms of Front Desk courtesy Santika. Alternatively, the waiting staff were absolutely delightful and helpful. So, a mixed bag alround.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Matthew P
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stayed for two nights on a business trip to visit plantations near to Bengkulu. The hotel looked very new and modern, and it was obvious that the hotel staff were trying very hard at their jobs. The three star rating is based off of a comparison to other hotels in SE Asia. I would imagine this is the nicest hotel in Bengkulu (that's what the locals told me) and would not hesitate to stay there again on my next visit.

Pros
- Clean/modern
- Wireless internet: I could not get it to work at first, but after a quick trip to the lobby for the front desk to help, I was up and running. Very fast speeds, better than in some major cities
- Breakfast buffet: I ate most of the Western food (omelet, hash brown, fruits), but there appeared to be something for everyone. They were nice enough to let me in 15 minutes early one day when I had an early start

Cons
- Gym facility is small and does not have a lot of equipment
- Location is a little removed from the central part of town where there are interesting food stalls to eat
- 5am singing from morning prayers taking place nearby. I actually slept through it the second day

Would I stay again? Yes. Certainly if I go back to Bengkulu, this is the place to say

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I came to Bengkulu to survey a shrimp farm. I did brought some spare clothes in case I got myself dirty but didn't make any accommodation arrangement because I was thinking that we finished early and able to catch the last flight back to Jakarta. Unfortunately, the last flight was cancelled and we had to stay overnight.

I was very scared by the thought of it because Bengkulu is a small town and hotels that we passed by on our trip to the shrimp farm were scary and you could almost certainly caught malaria or dengue fever if you stayed in any of those hotels.

I breathed a sigh of relief when we were driven to Santika Hotel. The check-in process were quick and we got to sit down while we were processed which is a very appreciated gesture after walking muddy ground of a shrimp farm and climbing sand dunes.

The room was spacious and clean, the same with the shower (and the hot water worked perfectly, too). even though the room was too plainly decorated but I was not complaining because I still got a clean, comfy bed.

The shrimp farm staff who drove us suggested us to eat at the restaurant hotel so we didn't need to get out searching food but we decided to get out anyway. It was still 7pm but we couldn't find any decent food, we almost decided to eat at the hotel but we finally found a decent restaurant not far from the hotel.

At 5am, we were suddenly woken up by the sound of Moslem call to pray from a mosque right next to the hotel, I'm not a Moslem so I have to bear through it. The breakfast buffet was good, they serve mainly Indonesian breakfast foods like fried noodles and Bubur ayam(chicken rice porridge) among others but they also have breakfast cereals, toast, and sausage and eggs.

I don't have a lot to say about the hotel because it was the best considering the other selection of hotels in the area and you should be very thankful to stay here if you're in Bengkulu

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank suri85
Reviewed 10 April 2013

If you HAVE TO go to Bengkulu (like myself), your choice of modern hotels to stay are limited. I believe that there are only 2 or 3 such hotels to choose from, the rests are traditional, family-run "hotels". Bengkulu, or Bencoolen, is located on the wrong side of Sumatra. At least that's how the British felt when they claimed the land back in the 1700s (nevertheless the British stayed for 150 years), no merchants or trading ships passed that side of the island. The traffic of trades at that time (as is now) was in Singapore. Talk about missing your landing site. The same atmosphere of the city languishing still prevails today, very little developments can be seen and felt in the city. Only 2 Indonesian airlines have scheduled flights to this city. This is the reason why a place like Hotel Santika is a welcome respite. All the services are standard services, the bedroom and the bathroom are okay, they meet the basic criteria. The breakfast buffet is alright, and the choice of food is quite generous. Lunch and dinner are not so lucky, as well as too pricey (for the quality of the food and the service). I must say, however, that the coffee buffet in the meeting halls were generous, with tea, coffee and snack keep flowing in copious amount. Oh, do not expect too much for Internet connection. I think they need to invest on better internet transmitters. At the end of my stay, however, I felt thankful for the hotel. At least I was able to rest nicely in relative comfort.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Kandi334
Reviewed 21 December 2012

The room is spacious, however it is lack of amenities. The internet coverage doesnt reach the room I stayed in. Breakfast is average, nothing special.
Located in suburb area of Bengkulu, Staff is ok, and helpful. But I dont think this will be a good value for money

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business