“A Review from a gay who know the tropical wather!”

Antigua Fly Fishing & Light Tackle Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided saltwater fly fishing and light tackle fishing charters in Antigua - for up to 2 anglers. Specialising in flats wading for permit and float tubing for tarpon.
Orebro County, Sweden
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A Review from a gay who know the tropical wather!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

In februari 2014 my friend and I have a very nice day with Captain Nick.
We have fishing a lot in the tropical and make tours with fishermen from Sweden to Islamorada in Florida. There we have fishing in Everglades and off shore, for many years.
Coming to Antigua in 5 januari 2014 and start fishing off shore and on the reef, it was a lot of wind and the see was not good to us. We get Baracudas, Wahoos, Mai.Mai and some good snappers.
Then we look at the internet and read about Captain Nick, we told him that we are interested of fishing Tarpon for tube and fishing with flee from the flats. We book him for one whole day.

In the morning Captain Nick standing utside our house and sade goooood mooooorning. Than he take us on a ride in his car and stop after 20 minutes and say We are at the fishing spot.
After blowing up the tubes and try to learn us about fishing with flee from a tube. Ha understand that we never have done this before. A big thanks for your good feeling that you have to old gentlemen to take care of. You did that in a very good way!
Well out on the wather we begin to look after Tarpons who went up to the surf and when we find them try to cast and show them the flee.
After one hour I feel grate in the tube and went away for my self. The I cast the flee in every direktion and I come right at the moment a Tarpon was showing himself. I was prepard to do exactly as Capt. Nick have told me, always have direkt contakt with the line and meet the fish by hocking with my hand and than rise my rod. The fish was hooked and than star a fight that I always come to remember. The fish run out all the line and I only have the backline left when I can start to get him to me. The fish went up from the wather severl times and I have to hold him tight so the hook not get him lose. After some time, I do not remember the time, I get him in to my tube. When I was wondering what to do, Capt. Nicke runs up just behind me and told me that I should take the fish from one side to the next side to take the rest of the power from the fish.
When I get the fish in my arms I think that this was a good time to die in, so emty was my body and so happy was my brain. THIS WAS THE ULTIMATE FISHING IN TROPICAL!
I gladly rekomended Captain Nick for your fishing trip in Antigua.
Best from Kent Ericsson Sweden.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank kente49

Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Permit on the Fly!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I had the pleasure of spending a full day fishing with Nick while recently on vacation in Antigua. We spent the first half of the day in the Tarpon lagoon casting to many, many rolling fish from a well equipped Outcast float tube. We had many shots, but the bite was off.....No worries, as this was a peaceful and unique fishing setting. Nick worked with me on my cast along the way and shared much information about the fishery, When the sun was high, we moved over to the beautiful flat to wade in search of Permit. After about 30 minutes in the water I got my first shot at a fish...no go. Shortly thereafter we spotted a group of 6-8 fish swimming together.....I took several shots without an eat, but the fish didn't spook....We were able to move back to a quick fly change and reload....Everything lined up and I got the crab pattern right where it needed to be....The fish gave the fly a nudge, and then ate! A chase and incredibly fun fight ensued for 15 minutes or so, and I then had my first Permit on the fly to hand..in Antigua of all places! (I've struck out on Permit in Belize, Mexico, and Florida). This is my most memorable fish to date, and I would not have had the opportunity without the guidance of Nick...Thanks brother! We had several more shots at cruising/feeding Permit as we moved through the flat, but no eats. All and all this was a fantastic day of fishing. Nick is my kind of guide - knowledgeable, informative, patient, laid-back, and ego-less. I'd recommend him to anyone looking to fish in Antigua or beyond.....I'll be booking with him when I head back to the island in 2016!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank sbadams2
Portland, Oregon
“Highlight of my trip!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Captain Nick truly was the highlight of my trip to Antigua! It was my first experience fishing for Tarpon and Nick was super patient and guided me all along the way. He truly knows his craft and I would recommend him to anyone! Additionally, our scheduling & process was seamless from beginning to end! To all the ladies accompanying their men....join them!! It will be worth it!!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Michele S
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unforgettable Experience On Lightweight Spinning Tackle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I had emailed back and forth with Nick a few weeks ahead of my trip to Antigua. He was very responsive and detailed with what we needed to bring (which wasn't much). Nick was very patient with my wife and flexible with the time we could meet. It was tough convincing my wife on the first day of our honeymoon to wake up at 3:30 am to go fishing... So we met Nick at 7 am. We fished the with light spinning gear and caught two nice tarpon. We had a lot of action and it was great learning about the fishery from Nick as well as his knowledge of tarpon fishing. After our day of fishing, I would have tried to book another day, but he was already committed for the next two weeks. I can't say enough good things about our experience and can't wait to book another trip and fish with Nick in the near future.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jeff F
Lake Forest, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A First Class Super Natural Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Nick Williams knows Permit (and he knows where they live!)...

I fished with Nick in Mid-April of this year and I have to say it was one of the best fly fishing experiences of my life... We had over 20 encounters throughout the day and I can honestly say that I witnessed entire schools of permit feeding on the flats less than 10 yards away from me... We also saw large solitary cruisers (35lbs+) and a host of other sea life.

My casting was not up to snuff, but you can bet your bottom dollar that I will be ready next time...

Nick is a consummate professional who genuinely cares about his "office" and providing his clients with a truly "local" experience. If you are staying at an all inclusive resort, do yourself a favor and experience the "real" Antigua with Nick.

Joe Byers