“Excelent day out!”

Antigua Rainforest Canopy Tour
Ranked #16 of 94 Tours in Antigua
More attraction details
Owner description: The Antigua Rainforest Company is the island’s Zip Line and Rope Challenge Course operator. We are located in the lush Fig Tree Drive Rainforest on the South West Coast.There are a total of 12 plus 1 exciting zip lines plus a fun and challenging obstacle course. Our zips range from 60 feet to 328 feet in length and up to 300 feet from the groundYour safety is our number one priority. Our course was designed, built and is annually inspected and certified to ACCT International standards. All of our zip staff or, Rangers, are fully trained, certified and inspected to ACCT standards. We only use the latest and best in Petzl & Singing Rock zip line equipment. As well as offering a 6 zip, 12 plus 1 zip and full course tours , we also offer 3 fantastic combination tours that include transportation, lunch & drinks.• Zip line & Kayak/Snorkel Combo• Zip line & Sting Ray City Combo• Zip Line & Beach ComboWe have lockers, washrooms, a gift shop, a photo shack and a full stocked bar so those not wishing to participate can watch their loved ones on the zip linesOur opening days are Mon-Sat with tours at 9am, 10am and 11am. We occasionally have 12pm & 1pm tours and also open some Sundays as well. Please call or email to enquire.
Poole, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Excelent day out!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We did the 12 plus 1 zip tour and it was extremely fun. It was fairly strenuous but inside the rain forest it was quite cool. Need good footwear trainers are ideal and long ish shorts as the harness can ride up! Long hair must also be tied back! Loads of parking available and easy to find. There are lockers to leave bags and belongings in. This course took us around 2 hours but it was a busy day due to a cruise ship being in port.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Hannahdicker312

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Weeee!!!!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Really enjoyed this. We did the 12 zip plus one. It was my first time and it was a blast. Very beautiful in the rainforest! Clear and easy instructions and knowledgeable staff. Only thing which was disappointing was that they wouldn't let you take a camera. I would have gladly signed a waiver that if I lost it I wouldn't hold them responsible. In the end they try to sell you a picture but besides the obscene price my arm was in the way of my face. I guess my friends will just have to take my word for it. Another thing checked off my bucket list!

1 Thank Islandchick100
evergreen36, Owner at Antigua Rainforest Canopy Tour, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
We are delighted you enjoyed your tour. I am sorry you were not able to take your camera. This is an insurance requirement for your continued safety. It is amazing what some people have done to get better pictures of friends and loved ones, which compromised their own and others' safety! Our price for photos on a dvd is US$20 for up to 8 photographs of you, also including a video of you on the Screamer, our 328 feet long zip at 300 feet high.
Chicago, Illinois
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“DON"T go if you've EVER been ziplining anywhere else!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I've only gone ziplining 3 times in my life, and this was sooo disappointing. To begin with, we will have no photo memories of this, unfortunately. They do not allow any cameras (except those fortunate enough to own a Gopro). Then they try to sell you pictures that they take on only 1 line for $20 per person for digital copies. For our family of 4, $80 is ridiculous! On top of that, we couldn't even see most of our faces in some of the pictures. Rip off!!! The staff, for the most part, are NOT that friendly. I'm not sure if it's just the way Antiguans are, but I found their tone of voice and the way they say things to be demeaning. They were even calling an overweight guest "Fatboy" repeatedly. Again, maybe that's accepted in Antiguan culture, but not in mine. When I have gone ziplining in the past, I have never had to use my hand to help me brake on every single line. That really kept me from enjoying it as I was constantly worried about braking in time. In the US where I went ziplining in the past, the staff would brake you themselves. In addition, most of the lines were quite short which also was not fun. Also, they do not let you go upside down or hands free which was a real bummer. Unfortunately, they are the only company where you can go ziplining in Antigua. I would save my money to zipline elsewhere in the world as I feel completely disappointed and honestly ripped off, especially since I have no photos of the experience.

4 Thank gddo
evergreen36, Owner at Antigua Rainforest Canopy Tour, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Despite clear and concise safety briefings before the tour starts several people some years ago, when we first opened the tour, ignored this in the past to take better photographs of themselves or loved ones. This caused injury to themselves and our insurance company have stipulated that safety has to come first, so no cameras. It is your safety we are highly concerned about and not the sale of photographs. I am sorry you did not enjoy your experience as many others before have and written about. Please send me a photograph of your group and advise when you came so I can look and see if there are photographs of you which you may enjoy. Our staff have been constantly been praised and they are briefed about guests and how they should behave. We have 13 zip lines, 3 more in the gorge and most are over 200 feet. We also have 2 vertical descents and 9 elements of challenge course for your continued thrills. If you chose not to brake yourself you would have been stopped by a brake at the end of the zip lines.
“Zip Line and Challenge Course”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The place was easy to find and parking is ample. The entrance was colourful and clean. Clean washrooms. The staff were great. When you check in you sign a waiver and pay at the cashier. Everyone with long hair bring elastics with you or the front desk will have some. Everyone got a debrief, chance to stow items in the locker and are guided to the equipment area to suit up (gloves, helmet, pulleys and ropes). Very organize, we were first divided into heights and the staff tightens your harness. Later we were grouped by the type of course we wanted to take. My husband and I did the full course with the challenge course. The rangers/staff were very clear on the instructions. Also the staff are super friendly and funny. It was a great experience. We recommend doing the full course as it allows for more zip lines and the challenge course was a bonus.

Hamilton, Canada
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Bucket List - CHECK!!!!! So Good.”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Loved this activity! The zip line crew were top shelf - safety conscious, fun, really helpful and clearly wanted you to have an amazing experience. The zip lines were progressively longer and scarier (but not that scary) - more exhilarating then anything. Did the rope challenge course after the zip lines - so proud of myself. My knees wobbled for a full day after (that was a good thing). Great experience - would do it again!!!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank karkel12
evergreen36, Owner at Antigua Rainforest Canopy Tour, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
We are delighted you enjoyed our tour and sent your feelings and comments for everyone to read. We all enjoy the thrill of the zips every time we go on the lines and we've done this many, many times so thank you for sentiments. Do come back and join us again when you are in Antigua!