“Connies is actually a nice place... Dispite my low overall rating (I was unfortunate)”

Connie's Comfort Suites
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Connies was a really nice place, the room was in great condition - looked like brand new. The location is not bad either, its about 200 meters from a KFC, an restaurant, the gas station and a supermarket. I got a great rate at Connies roughly US55 per night. Connies also has a convenience store and a barber shop on the adjoining property. The owners really tried to ensure that the stay was as pleasant as it could be, as there was renovations going on during the time I was there. Don't think they did the best job of informing the guests of what was happening though.
The bad things about the place were that the wireless internet didn't always work, and it was slow. The beds were also not the most comfortable I've been in.
Overall it was an okay stay, I'd stop by again for an overnight or so if I'm in Antigua again.

• Stayed: June 2011
4  Thank ndunky
Shirmique, Owner at Connie's Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2011

Thank you so much for your comments and feedback. I found this review very helpful for us in improving the services that we provide for our guests.

I would also like to apologize again for the inconvenience caused by the repairs being carried out at that time. I can assure you that this was indeed a one off situation. I have also reviewed the internet systems and have made adjustments since that time to improve performance and speed.

Finally, I am very happy to hear that are willing to visit us again. I am looking forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 23 August 2011

Perfect location. Close to town and in walking distance. Security. Well maintained. Friendly atmosphere. Handy laundermart. Cellphone provided. Will stay there again when visiting Antigua

Room Tip: good size rooms, well air conditioned.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank gloria-batchelor

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us.

We very much enjoyed having you and your son stay with us as well. I was really glad that you had the chance to experience Carnival, Seafood Fest and Mango Fest. It was the perfect time of year to be in Antigua.

I will be looking forward to seeing you guys gain next summer!

Reviewed 23 August 2011

This was our 2nd stay at Connie's Comfort Suites and we thoroughly enjoyed each of our stays. This is a family owned business with great hospitality and surrounded by friendly locals. The suites are exactly how they are advertised, with beautiful shrubs and flowers surrounding the property. There is ample space to cook, and relax! There is a convenience store on site, offering the basics. Suites are located within walking distance to town, supermarkets and beaches. It is recommended to travel by car to visit each of the 365 beaches of your choosing while staying in Antigua.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ange-Leo N

We here at Connie's really appreciate the positive feedback from your previous visits with us and I am looking forward to seeing you guys again soon.

I know that you will also be looking forward to getting out of the cold and coming back to your home away from home in the sun, sea and sand.

Reviewed 14 June 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at Connies,the whole team was welcoming and professional.
I got to view Antigua- my Fathers homeland, from a comfortable setting and always felt very safe in the surroundings. What was great, was that it's only 15mins walk to town, so you got to see local life!

J.Batchelor

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Judithbatchelor
Reviewed 16 April 2011

We stayed for one week and the Hostess and staff were very friendly and helpful with some extra personal service when needed. The rates were very affordable, the room with a kitchen was clean. Very close to the downtown area you could walk. Free Wi Fi you just can,t beat. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank queenie140
Reviewed 22 March 2011

Connie's was Excellent! I actually contacted the Owner on her mobile phone to make a last minute reservation. The price extremely affordable, the service very personal (the hostess actually gave me some free Tilapia fish which i fried), the neighborhood residents are welcoming and friendly. Apartments are clean, close to airport and safe.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank geeteeboy
Reviewed 16 March 2011

We stayed two weeks in Feb / Mar 2011 and we loved it!
The rates are very reasonable for what you get. There are equipped kitchens, AC, a lot of space and so on. But what money can´t buy is the more important aspect. We thank all of you guys for being great hosts, for your help (corkskrew, salt, phone calls, rides downtown, the quad parking...). To be honest, money will bu you anything i Antigua, but for finding a place to stay where you feel totally welcome and at home needs some luck. Or Connie´s number!

Some facts: downtown St. John´s is a 10 min footwalk, the nearest beach (Fort Bay) apprx. 20 min. Tip: catch on of the frequent buses (No. 50) north (bus stop 1 min away) and 3 EC Dollar willl take you to Dickinson Bay. 7 mins ride.
Bus No. 50 also takes you to a huge, modern supermarket (although there is a superette just nextdoors which is open from 6:30 till very, very late), as well as a barber shop), or right downtown.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
#4 of 15 in St. John's
LambLion Holiday Apartments
LambLion Holiday Apartments
#8 of 22 in St. John's

Been to Connie's Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!