Stayed two nights , senior solo traveler. My room was on the second floor and comfortable. Bedroom had good air conditioner. Bathroom nice and clean. Cable TV and Wi-fi, full kitchen. Located in residential neighborhood. About 15 minutes from airport. KFC is a block away and there is a small grocery/convenience store adjacent to the inn. Connie and her daughter, Shirmique, were very helpful and friendly. Connie gave me a cell phone to use when I checked in. All I had to pay for were the minutes for a SIM card which was available at the grocery store next door.
Although Tropical Storm Isaac canceled my ferry ride to Barbuda for the day, I was still able to catch my flight to Montserrat the next morning thanks to Connie's help in getting to the airport. When Fly Montserrat sent me an early morning email saying the airport had reopened earlier than expected after the storm passed, and that I had “3 minutes” to get there, Connie personally drove me to the airport, reassuring me along the way to have faith, that they were not about to take off any aircraft right away after the airport reopened early. She was right. The Montserrat flight had not left when we got there.
Regarding Aji C’s comment about ants, I was on the second floor and in two days saw one tiny ant (called a “busy” ant because they move fast) in the bathroom sink and one on the kitchen counter but never any on my bed sheets. They were handily dispatched to ant heaven. I stayed at 3 budget hotels on 3 different islands this trip and, no matter how clean, all had one or two “busy” ants seen from time to time but never on bed sheets.) Regarding Aji C's comment that "no one was at the front desk for any service". My experience was that if Connie was not at the front desk, there was always a boy sitting or laying on the wood bench in the front desk room that you could ask to get Connie if you needed something. She lives on the premises and was always found in a minute or two. Regarding a credit card fee. Yes, she charges a small fee. It is not unusual for a small, family-owned inn or B&B to charge extra for the use of a credit card, especially outside a tourist area. I am happy they take credit cards at all.
I would recommend her inn to the budget traveler.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Connie's Comfort Suites is a beautiful Holiday Apartment offering modern, clean, and comfortable one-bedroom suites with air conditioning, cable TV and free Internet access. In addition, guests have access to a laundry, Internet cafe and an adjoining grocery store. We are within walking distance to St. John’s, the City Centre, various bus routes and two shopping areas; Woods Centre and Village Walk Commercial Centre. Located only 15 mins from the Airport as well as some of Antigua's finest beaches, Connie’s Comfort Suites is a great choice for any traveler. Being a family-run business, Connie’s has developed a reputation for being a home away from home, offering guests a personalized experience and the opportunity to enjoy true Antiguan culture and hospitality. The friendly staff is always willing to cater to the needs of our guests as highlighted in our Motto: "Your Comfort is Our #1 Priority". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Connie's Comfort Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. John's Comfort Suites
- Connie's Comfort Suites Antigua/Saint John Parish