“Great place for backpackers” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Connie's Comfort Suites

Connie's Comfort Suites
Helsinki, Finland
“Great place for backpackers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

The room was clean and big, but furnished a bit rustic. There wasn't any breakfast, but the room has a well equipped kitchen and there is a big grocery store close by. The location was convenient as it was still walkable distance to town and we enjoyed staying outside of the resort areas. The staff was friendly and they also did laundry for us and helped getting a rental car. We also asked them to help organize a day-trip to Barbuda. However, that didn't work out and in the end we had to take care of it ourselves. Overall, we would recommend it to stay. The value for the money and the location are good.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank StefuH

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Czech first
Tobago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

Before I visited Antigua, I did alot of research on places to stay and even when I found Connie's online I was a bit skeptical as to what to expect. I am very pleased to say that I enjoyed every moment at this establishment and would recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay in Antigua. It was CLEAN and COMFORTABLE and COZY. It's great for any type of traveler. It's location is ideal as it is LITERALLY 5 minutes away from the town and provides easy access to malls, supermarkets and beaches.The staff was kind and very helpful. There is a Superette (Mini- mart), bar and laundry area on the premises and they also rent cars at a very reasonable cost. Ask her for more information on rentals / pick-ups at the airport. In terms of cons, the internet is not very stable it goes and comes every now and then but as soon as it drops ask for assistance and they will reset it right away. Secondly, this establishment is located on a fairly busy street so it may not be as peaceful for some tenants but once you close your door it's hardly noticeable. Overall, I would stay here every and anytime and it's great for those on a budget!

Room Tip: Choose a bedroom on the upper floor
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Elleniva_F
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

The room was large and clean. Hotel was located between airport and St.Johns so it was easy to get to either. I had a layover in Antigua so arrived late and had to leave early. The staff made sure to arrange a taxi to take me to the airport. Very friendly and I would recommend anybody to stay there.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Snellville GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

The atmosphere was calm. The place was clean but no cleaning service. The owner was excellent and the fact that they gave you a phone to use was a bonus. I would recommend it to stay. Very convenient location.

Collette.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Collette P
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

My sister,girlfriend and I stayed at Connie's Comfort Suite during CARNIVAL2012...which we had a blast. The apt was clean,everything in working condition.The air conditioner was excellent...it cools the entire apt.The bathroom has a stand up shower which we loved and the kitchen has the basic items you would need to cook with pot,pans,dishes.utensils,stove,oven and etc.the apt is in a local area which is convient to everything. We decided to take a taxi to most places including the most beauiful beaches on the island. Connie/Shirmique was on/off the property throughout the visit which was no issue for us due to most of the time we were out anyway but they always had someone to assist you if needed.If we ever come back we would stay at Connie's after all they made us feel like family...Zina,Debra and Linda

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor with the balcony.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Jonesboro, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

Stayed two nights , senior solo traveler. My room was on the second floor and comfortable. Bedroom had good air conditioner. Bathroom nice and clean. Cable TV and Wi-fi, full kitchen. Located in residential neighborhood. About 15 minutes from airport. KFC is a block away and there is a small grocery/convenience store adjacent to the inn. Connie and her daughter, Shirmique, were very helpful and friendly. Connie gave me a cell phone to use when I checked in. All I had to pay for were the minutes for a SIM card which was available at the grocery store next door.

Although Tropical Storm Isaac canceled my ferry ride to Barbuda for the day, I was still able to catch my flight to Montserrat the next morning thanks to Connie's help in getting to the airport. When Fly Montserrat sent me an early morning email saying the airport had reopened earlier than expected after the storm passed, and that I had “3 minutes” to get there, Connie personally drove me to the airport, reassuring me along the way to have faith, that they were not about to take off any aircraft right away after the airport reopened early. She was right. The Montserrat flight had not left when we got there.

Regarding Aji C’s comment about ants, I was on the second floor and in two days saw one tiny ant (called a “busy” ant because they move fast) in the bathroom sink and one on the kitchen counter but never any on my bed sheets. They were handily dispatched to ant heaven. I stayed at 3 budget hotels on 3 different islands this trip and, no matter how clean, all had one or two “busy” ants seen from time to time but never on bed sheets.) Regarding Aji C's comment that "no one was at the front desk for any service". My experience was that if Connie was not at the front desk, there was always a boy sitting or laying on the wood bench in the front desk room that you could ask to get Connie if you needed something. She lives on the premises and was always found in a minute or two. Regarding a credit card fee. Yes, she charges a small fee. It is not unusual for a small, family-owned inn or B&B to charge extra for the use of a credit card, especially outside a tourist area. I am happy they take credit cards at all.

I would recommend her inn to the budget traveler.

Frank Hill

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room - they have an outside, continuous open balcony outside the rooms. (call...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Yonkers, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

The stay at this place was not comfortable at all. Stayed there for four nights, no toiletries were provided, used the same towels for all four days, no room cleaning service, ants all over and bed sheets were all wriggled. We were asked to pay 3% more to use our credit cards. Paid cash and received a hand written receipt. No one at the front desk for any service. I would never recommend any one to stay there.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Shirmique, Owner at Connie's Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 25 August 2012
First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am a bit surprised about some of the feedback since my mom, Connie spoke with you on a daily basis during your stay and even made arrangements for your transportation etc. and these concerns were never mentioned. I can only remember receiving questions regarding maid service after you were advised that would be required to pay for the extra guest who stayed in your room, who was not originally booked.

We advertise, once a week maid service, not daily and this was explained to you as the maid was schedule to come on your departure date. We live on the property, so we always advise our guest that they can let us know if they need anything done before the next cleaning day E.g. linens changed, fresh towels etc. just let us know and you were told this as well.

Connie’s is a family run business, and at times we are quite busy working around the property. Although we may not be sitting behind the desk in the office all day, our clients usually have no problem finding us on the property or going to the supermarket next door.

Just to clarify, we do not charge additional charges to use a credit card here at Connie’s. I believe that was a misunderstanding.

Overall, I am just sorry that we did not have the opportunity to investigate some of the concerns raised, since we were not made aware during the course of your stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near St. John's
Caribbean Inn
Caribbean Inn
#4 of 14 in St. John's
Halcyon Cove by Rex Resorts

Been to Connie's Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!