“A perfect way to sail the seas of Antigua”

Adventure Caribbean Yacht Charter
Ranked #1 of 43 Tours in St. John's
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Adventure Caribbean the home of the sailing yacht Jabberwocky. Charter a 50 foot yacht and crew for just the two of you, or perhaps for your family or a group of friends. With only your party (from 2 to 10 people) aboard enjoy a day of sailing, snorkelling, swimming and relaxing in sun and shade including a freshly prepared lunch and an open bar or try a sunset charter accompanied by champagne and canapes
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Suffolk
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A perfect way to sail the seas of Antigua”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We found Jabberwocky on TripAdvisor and booked a day trip with Nick and Kaye. We wanted a boat trip that incorporated sightseeing and snorkelling but we didn't want to be part of a big group. This was ideal - a perfect day out. We sailed down the coast to Carlisle Bay where we went snorkelling. Kaye prepared a fantastic lunch - many items were homemade! There were 7 of us in our party including my 3 sons (15, 17, 21) and my parents. My Mum was a little nervous about the trip but Nick reassured her. Nick involved all the men in sailing the boat - my Dad loved steering at the helm. Nick and Kaye made us feel very welcome and were great hosts. We would highly recommend this experience.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Jabberwocky - A great escape from being a tourist”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

I have always wanted to try sailing and have been looking for the perfect opportunity to "surprise" my wife. Surprising my wife has failed on so many occasions but not because she is necessarily particular..more so because the surprise usually is something I will enjoy and she is forced to tag along. My wife also absolutely hates the cattle line-up and tourist traps and has come to associate everything negative with the word "excursion". Armed with the failures of past I setup to create a great day of sailing including a few romantic memories for my wife and I aboard the Jabberwocky.

I planned the day ahead of time with Kaye via email. I let her know that I am an engineer and will be most satisfied learning about all things sailing. My wife wants seclusion, comfort, a small sprinkling of adventure, and probably some quiet time with her husband. The plan was to sail around one side of the island - head to a relatively secluded beach - hang out for lunch - snorkel around an interesting wreck site - then have a nice sail back to port.

Nick and Kaye assessed our skills quickly, got us engaged in the experience early on (just the right amount of small tasks) and exceeded my expectations with all of the activities planned. I accomplished everything I wanted to as lunch was fantastic, the beach was awesome, my wife and I had plenty enough time to be alone, and we both got to experience sailing. For my wife it was not a rip-roaring get your rear end kicked experience (which undoubtedly would have turned her off) rather a mellow and calm introduction into sailing. This is great for me as it means I will get her on a boat again. For me I learned enough to be dangerous. Overall we both were very satisfied and fulfilled with the experience.

I mention all of the planning etc but where Nick and Kaye have this perfected is their ability to shift on the fly. If we needed a more adventurous ride they would have provided it. If we would have wanted to slow down - no problem. Everything we wanted they kindly tailored it without us even asking. What a great couple! One last note...we didn't feel like a tourist at all - more like old friends of Nick and Kaye.

I highly recommend the Jabberwocky experience whether you want to have a similar adventure or want to tailor something towards your family - you certainly will be very impressed and glad you made the decision to spend your vacation time with Nick and Kaye.

2 Thank Joseph S
JabberwockyNick, Owner at Adventure Caribbean Yacht Charter, responded to this review, 9 November 2014
Thank you for your review which does explain rather well our philosophy of trying to adapt (as far as sea and wind conditions will allow) to each party's wishes . For some it is as exciting sailing as we can provide, whilst others prefer something a little less adventurous.
We always try to gauge guests particular requirements, but it helps if booking ahead if guests give us an idea of what they would like out of "their day".
We are glad we managed to balance your expectations and those of your wife and we are always pleased if we can convert someone to the idea of another trip out on a sailing yacht - whether its Jabberwocky again in Antigua or something else somewhere else in the world.
Nick and Kaye
Jabberwocky
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A must do trip if you are in Antigua!”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

What a amazing way to see the coast of Antigua on your own private charter!

Excellent snorkelling, lovely cooked lunch off a stunning bay and everything is perfectly catered for by Nick and Kaye. Kaye is a wonderful host and Nick is a very knowledgeable captain whom was more than happy for our 8 year Joe to take the helm!

We also managed to see Turtles, a single stingray, an octopus and a wonderful sunset! We would highly recommend this trip, there were 4 of us in total including my wife and two children (11 & 8).The whole family felt completely safe throughout and even managed to dangle our feet off the bow whilst cruising, watching 100's of jellyfish swim by, magical!

Wiltshire , England
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Jabberwocky day sail”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

this was our third visit to Antigua and also our third trip with Nick and Kaye. We are a family of 5 , including three older teenage girls . Our last visit was 5 years ago but the enjoyment was just as good. All we can say is "thank you " , we cannot recommend you enough . We are looking to come back in the future and will undoubtedly be giving you a ring ! The Dunworth Family, Whiteparish, Wiltshire

West Malling, England, United Kingdom
“The only way to sail in Antigua!”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This was our second time sailing on the Jabberwocky and it didn't disappoint. Nick and Kaye are the most genial of hosts, providing food and drink of the highest quality. The yacht is beautifully appointed and it is so relaxing sitting out on deck under sail. We were given the opportunity to try our hand at sailing, snorkelled around a lovely reef and had a delicious lunch on board. A definite 5 star experience.
If you're thinking of going, make sure you book early to avoid disappointment.

Visited August 2014
skippernic, Owner at Adventure Caribbean Yacht Charter, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
It's always a pleasure to welcome back repeat guests (we must be doing something right )
Many thanks for this 5 star review, we look forward to seeing you next time ! Kaye and Nick , Jabberwocky