Just thinking about our long weekend at Jumby Bay is relaxing. We stayed in a pool suite, which was beautifully appointed and comfortable in the extreme. We actually never used the pool, which, as other posters have mentioned was not private. Still, we enjoyed sitting on our terrace with the pool in sight.
This is not a bustling resort with a lot to do, particularly in the evenings. For that, I guess the shuttle to the Antiguan mainland would do the trick. The resort is spread out and looks like a golf resort without the golf course. We enjoyed riding bicycles around the island every day, made use of the gym and spa and the huge pool. I am not sure if it was the time of year but the beach, while beautiful to look at, was not pleasant to swim in due to sea grass. The resort does offer extensive water sport activities (water skiing, snorkeling and the like) run by very friendly employees.
It was a pleasure to have everything included and there were enough meal options to provide variety. We thought the food was good in all venues and really appreciated the time the staff took to set up the weekly beach barbecue.
My final comment is about the staff: I have never seen such a well trained group. The manager was very visible and it's hard to imagine that "no" is in the vocabulary of anyone on the property. From the minute we were picked up at the airport, absolutely everything was smooth and pleasant. For anyone needing down time to recharge, this could be the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 300-acre private island located just two miles off the coast of Antigua, Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort casts a spell of serene enchantment. A naturalist's haven that plays host to a variety of wildlife a midst the tropical foliage and pristine, white sand beaches, this all-inclusive hideaway is recognized world-wide as a private island resort paradise. With 40 luxurious resort rooms and suites, and a host of privately owned residences, Jumby Bay's exemplary hospitality is something that has long been lauded by the Caribbean's most discerning travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jumby Bay, a Rosewood Hotel St. John`s
- Jumby Bay Antigua
- Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort Antigua/Saint John Parish