Stayed in 2010, but site wouldn't permit this date entry. Transfer from airport to resort was flawless, gracious welcome at dock. Upon request, we were upgraded to a spectacular pool suite; furnishings, huge bath, linens, Nespresso machine, and TV were of top quality. Pool was lovely, but lacked privacy. Lawn area leading to beach was not on as pristine. Beach- contains many starfish,heavy sea grass on ocean floor took some getting used to, platform deck was a nice touch.
Beach-comfortable lounges and good sun protection; attentive and warm service, but no napkins, told to use towel at bar. Lovely infinity pool at end of property where we had
lunch, which was of excellent quality, but service was spotty. Breakfast-food was very good, but they didn't replenish buffet, so get there early or request items from staff and they will get
it from the kitchen; chairs were often stained with bird droppings; service was poor, as waitresses were often not visible and slow in greeting us. Dinner- in formal restaurant was OK, but oppressively hot; preferred Veranda, excellent lobster and lamb chops, service was excellent in the evening.
Enjoyed management's positive attitude, biking on island, complimentary snorkel trip to nearby island, white night.
Didn't like- mosquitos, but staff provided bug spray; exorbitant prices at gift shop; fitness room was tiny and had weak air-conditioning; food trays left outside rooms too long.
This is resort for those who enjoy solitude; evening entertainment consisted of a DJ one night and a steel band another night, nothing the other three evenings. Even at the manager's cocktail party, the guests don't appear to socialize, so be prepared for this if you come to Jumby Bay.
We won't return because we did not perceive a good value, even though it was "all-inclusive."
We have been repeat guests to Jamaica Inn and Curtain Bluff, staying in their most expensive suites; while not perfect, we felt that for the same money we received and overall superior experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 300-acre private island located just two miles off the coast of Antigua, Jumby Bay Island casts a spell of serene enchantment. A naturalist's haven that plays host to a variety of wildlife amidst the tropical foliage and pristine, white sand beaches, this all-inclusive hideaway is recognized world-wide as a private island resort paradise. With 40 luxurious resort rooms and suites, and a host of privately owned residences, Jumby Bay's exemplary hospitality is something that has long been lauded by the Caribbean's most discerning travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Jumby Bay Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jumby Bay, a Rosewood Hotel St. John`s
- Jumby Bay Antigua
- Jumby Bay Island Antigua/Saint John Parish