My wife and I just returned from Jumby Bay, and would have to agree with many of the reviews posted - it is a tranquil, beautiful, isolated island just off the coast of Antigua, with incredible service, fine cuisine, really friendly staff, and a nice beach. We were there for 4 nights - just about the right amount of time for us. If you're there longer you'll need to be the type of person who doesn't mind dining in the same places night after night. I loved the fact that the hotel provides complimentary bikes to its guests - my wife and I enjoyed biking to breakfast and touring the island that way. The fitness center is top notch - some of the alternative places we looked at were lacking in this regard. I would HIGHLY recommend this property, and encourage you to book a courtyard suite - I know it's more money, but the Rondavel rooms looked tired to me, and out of the way. The courtyard suites are so beautiful and new, and really well located near the beach. Splurge and get one. About the one downer I can think of is the amount of seaweed in the water - you have to pick your spots on where to enter, exit the water because of it. If you go be sure to say hi to Jenny at the beach bar - she is fabulous! As is Melinda, who is the most friendly and gracious hostess. Bilss..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 300-acre private island located just two miles off the coast of Antigua, Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort casts a spell of serene enchantment. A naturalist's haven that plays host to a variety of wildlife a midst the tropical foliage and pristine, white sand beaches, this all-inclusive hideaway is recognized world-wide as a private island resort paradise. With 40 luxurious resort rooms and suites, and a host of privately owned residences, Jumby Bay's exemplary hospitality is something that has long been lauded by the Caribbean's most discerning travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel and Hotels.com so you can book your Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jumby Bay, a Rosewood Hotel St. John`s
- Jumby Bay Antigua
- Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort Antigua/Saint John Parish