“The best place ever”
Review of Jumby Bay Island

Jumby Bay Island
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in St. John's
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Not a big beach person, so I wasn't sure this would be my thing...........how wrong could I have been! This place is amazing, Staff is first rate. The villa we stayed in (#18) was perfect. My biggest decisions for the day was do I swim in my own pool before going to lunch at the grille and having amazing fish tacos, or do I take a shower (outside .....awesome!!) and go down to the beach bar and have them served to me on my lounge chair! If I could afford it, I would go here every year and forget about the rest of the world.
I love it!!!

OH, hit the spa too. I had the best massage ever and I get massages every month, so I know a good one when I get it!

Room Tip: I don't think you can wrong with any of the accomodations, but #18 was the bomb!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank bestiswest

Reviewed 16 May 2012

From the moment you step ashore from the Jumby Ferry, you realize that you have arrived at a truly unique resort. As you walk along the dock and view the pristine beach and crystal clear waters you are greeted by name and a refreshing cold towel….it’s time to switch off and relax.
The rooms are spacious, comfortable and beautifully appointed.
No cars here, each room comes with its own bicycles that you can use to ride around the island, and view some of the spectacular private homes that are also found here, or explore some of the other magnificent beaches. You can even arrange to have a picnic delivered to the beach of your choice at no extra charge.
This is an all inclusive resort; however the quality of service and the menu selections at any of the three restaurants is far superior to whatever you might have experienced at any other “all inclusive” resort.
All staff members are truly pleased to make your stay a most memorable one, and certainly make every effort to cater to your every whim.
This resort should make it onto everyone’s “bucket list”.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Graham T
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Jumby Bay redefined for us what a dream vacation is all about. My wife and I went to Jumby Bay to celebrate our 5-year anniversary and what a great decision it was. As soon as we passed the customs, we were taken care of expertly by the staff. The transfer from the airport to the resort could not have been easier or more comfortable. Within 15 short minutes, we were in paradise, greeted warmly on the island by management and super friendly staff.

The accommodations were top-notch, as expected. The pictures we saw on the Jumby Bay website were so accurate, you almost feel like you've been there before once you arrive. Additionally, the staff blew us away. Going above and beyond does not render justice to how they acted. They sincerely want you to have the best time and it shows. All the staff deserves praises but here are some well-deserved shout-outs:
Ethelbert - Summertyme, our provider of daily fresh coconuts
Steve and Ruthlyn - attentive waiters at the Verandah, sharing with us a bit of their life in Antigua
Seon - professional mixologist; best bartender we ever met. His passion for his craft is infectious.
Claudine - our personal guest relationship manager made our lives so easy that you never have to worry about anything.
To all the staff, Trevor, Melinda, Rita, Petrice, Maureen, Owen (and we are so sorry we are forgetting others...), thank you for making our getaway our best vacation ever.
The food was superb and the chefs were extremely accommodating. The weather is perfect (hint: do NOT believe the weather reports you see online - the weather is 100 times better than announced, for some reason...). It is a great value all around. It is so close to New York and sooooo easy to get there, you can be sure we will be back.

2  Thank PO1976
Reviewed 28 April 2012

My wife and I just returned from Jumby Bay, and would have to agree with many of the reviews posted - it is a tranquil, beautiful, isolated island just off the coast of Antigua, with incredible service, fine cuisine, really friendly staff, and a nice beach. We were there for 4 nights - just about the right amount of time for us. If you're there longer you'll need to be the type of person who doesn't mind dining in the same places night after night. I loved the fact that the hotel provides complimentary bikes to its guests - my wife and I enjoyed biking to breakfast and touring the island that way. The fitness center is top notch - some of the alternative places we looked at were lacking in this regard. I would HIGHLY recommend this property, and encourage you to book a courtyard suite - I know it's more money, but the Rondavel rooms looked tired to me, and out of the way. The courtyard suites are so beautiful and new, and really well located near the beach. Splurge and get one. About the one downer I can think of is the amount of seaweed in the water - you have to pick your spots on where to enter, exit the water because of it. If you go be sure to say hi to Jenny at the beach bar - she is fabulous! As is Melinda, who is the most friendly and gracious hostess. Bilss..

Room Tip: book a courtyard suite
2  Thank TPC37
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We have been to the Caribbean many times and always to different islands. Jumby Bay is one, though, we will definitely return to. Everything seemed to run seamlessly, which made our vacation so relaxing. We definitely appreciated the warm, welcoming attitude that is consistent among the staff. Our room accommodation (Rosewood estate suite with small pool) was absolutely lovely and advertised correctly. We overlooked the beach which was was clean, pristine, and had lots of fun water options to choose from. We never felt bored. Also, we loved that there were no cars. It was so relaxing to walk or ride our bikes without worrying about traffic and the absence of street noise was wonderful. While this is an expensive resort, we felt it was definitely worth it!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the beach with a pool option are great.
3  Thank pmw072351
Reviewed 18 April 2012

My wife and I stayed for 4 nights and we were completely blown away by the courteous & friendly staff, the tranquility, our beautiful oceanfront beach view villa, delicious food and above all the beautiful beach. we loved biking all over the island. The highlight was on the last night we had a private candlelight dinner on our porch overlooking Jumby Bay. We will definitely return someday!

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Addproud
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Great sevice and staff. excellent food. great dining. can use bicycles to get around and tour the private island. Has gym to workout and good tenis. Nice entertainment. Met a lot of great people. Has special events. Views are spaectacular. Pick you up in a limo at the airport. sometimes you have to wait for the other guests to arrive before they will take you across the water to the resort.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Five Islands Village
Carlisle Bay Antigua
Carlisle Bay Antigua
#4 of 8 in Saint Mary's

Been to Jumby Bay Island? Share your experiences!