My husband and I were there for 6 days last week. We had an amazing time. The service was amazing. The best part about it was that everyone seemed and acted like they enjoy what they are doing. The room was very comfortable, clean and big enough for 2 people to stay and spend quality time when it is too hot outside. In addition the food was fantastic. I was thinking that they would serve a bunch of buffet food that gets old in time. Contrary to what I thought they had an a la carte menu with daily specials and generous portion made to your specific preference. Our arrival and departure process was made very comfortable by the staff. After you are finished with immigrations a member of the staff welcomes - (Janet) you and arranges your transportation to the Resort. After a short 5 minute car ride and a 7 minute boat ride you are in paradise.. After a very efficient and quick check in you get a detailed resort and a room orientation. I can't remember the name of the pleasant lady who checked us in but I thought she was very professional and made it very easy for us.
Our room was not ready as we arrived early, she took us to the Pool Grill and informed us about the wait time which was no problem at all as we were very hungry.
We were very impressed with several of the employees who I would love to mention and would suggest you to know when you go to the Rosewood Jumby Bay. Rita and Melinda are Guest Service Managers who really care about their guests. Jimmy at the Pool Grill is very personable, professional and yet fun. Melissa in Estate House is such a sweetheart. Her passion for what she does shows. We went there twice in a row just to see her. Also Amanda and Franka are just as good.. What a great team you have at the Estate House!!!
Wendy (housekeeping) and her team did such a good job cleaning our room twice daily that I was amazed by how good they are. Kyle - Bellhop - very personable and caring. He had to make very many trips for us.
While there you have got to visit the Spa. Beau will welcome you and find the best therapist for your needs.
The resort offers different water sports like water skiing, kayaking, snorkelling (equipment) etc.. Sean was the attendant at the beach. My husband and I thought he was amazing. He was very patient with me as I was trying to learn to water ski.. What a pleasant young man!!
Also you have got to do the sunset cruise on Thursday night. They serve great drinks and some food. They also had live, Antiguan musicians playing fun music.. After that they serve Antigiuan food at Pool Grill. They had several options for such a picky eater as I am... Chef and his team were personally available to assist with questions about the food..
Overall our vacation at the Jumby Bay was fantastic.. They have great service, great food, clean rooms and amazing nature beauty... You can not go wrong with this place.
We definitely want to go back..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 300-acre private island located just two miles off the coast of Antigua, Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort casts a spell of serene enchantment. A naturalist's haven that plays host to a variety of wildlife a midst the tropical foliage and pristine, white sand beaches, this all-inclusive hideaway is recognized world-wide as a private island resort paradise. With 40 luxurious resort rooms and suites, and a host of privately owned residences, Jumby Bay's exemplary hospitality is something that has long been lauded by the Caribbean's most discerning travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jumby Bay, a Rosewood Hotel St. John`s
- Jumby Bay Antigua
- Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort Antigua/Saint John Parish