We have just returned from the most amazing holiday at Jumby where we were all privy to the incredible, once in a lifetime, experience of witnessing turtles hatching on Pasture Beach whilst we ate our picnic! A delicious picnic, I might add, which had been delivered to the deserted beach for us where tables had been laid with linens, cutlery and wine glasses. The wine was chilled and the chicken skewers were still warm.
From the moment we arrived at the airport the service was unbelievable. A mix up with our suitcases meant that we were missing one and before we had even got onto the boat, arrangements had been made by the airport meet and great team to organise toiletries and essentials for my daughter, whose case had been mislaid. Thankfully the case was located very quickly but I was given the impression that they would have managed to magic up a whole new wardrobe for her if necessary.
The resort provides so much to do - a small kids club for the youngest who was taken to see the red-footed tortoises, an allocated water-skiing slot per room per day with tuition so that all three children were able to learn how to waterski whilst we were there, a wonderful trip to Bird Island for snorkelling and a picnic, not to mention the beautiful beaches and pools, all accessible by the bicycles tailored in size to each member of the family. 'White Night' held every sunday on the beach with tables laid up right next to the lapping sea and lit by flaming torches and lanterns was a wonderful evening complete with a fire breather and band.
On one day we arranged a car to take us on a tour of Antigua during which we learned so much about the island, saw all sorts of wildlife and plants and managed to get a real insight into the culture and history. A very worthwhile day trip which everyone enjoyed.
Finally in all three restaurants, the food at every meal, including the canapés and pastries which were brought along the beach each morning and afternoon, was exceptional. I have never been availed of such choice and quality in such abundance before. It cannot be faulted and the array of drinks on offer made it hard to choose a favourite.
The staff did everything they could to make us all feel welcome and we were very appreciative of them and the care they took to ensure that we had an amazing holiday. Jumby came highly recommended by several families we know and we are certainly able to echo that recommendation ourselves now that we have experienced it first hand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 300-acre private island located just two miles off the coast of Antigua, Jumby Bay Island casts a spell of serene enchantment. A naturalist's haven that plays host to a variety of wildlife amidst the tropical foliage and pristine, white sand beaches, this all-inclusive hideaway is recognized world-wide as a private island resort paradise. With 40 luxurious resort rooms and suites, and a host of privately owned residences, Jumby Bay's exemplary hospitality is something that has long been lauded by the Caribbean's most discerning travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Jumby Bay Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jumby Bay, a Rosewood Hotel St. John`s
- Jumby Bay Antigua
- Jumby Bay Island Antigua/Saint John Parish