This was our fourth trip to Jumby. Until we discovered it a few years ago, we had never returned to a summer holiday destination before, but we feel this is really something special.
The moment you arrive on the jetty, with the cold towel and rum or fruit punch waiting for you, you feel all the tensions leave your body. When you work hard all year this really is the place to come for peace and relaxation.
The service is great. The Team are genuinely warm and friendly and always willing to help with whatever you need.
There are three restaurants.
The Verandah where, if you want, you can have breakfast, lunch and dinner, has stunning views along the bay and over the ocean to mainland Antigua.
The Pool Grill for a fabulous lunch overlooking the infinity pool and the ocean. Quite often we would see the humming birds in the flowers surrounding this restaurant.
The Estate House where you can have a wonderful dinner following superbly mixed cocktails in the bar upstairs. I had the daily specials every night we visited the Estate House and have to say they were very very good.
All the restaurants, although covered, are open so that the sea breezes can blow through and keep you cool.
White Nights BBQ on a Sunday is a must. The tables are all set out on the beach and the food presentation is excellent. With the moon shining on the sea and the steel band playing in the background its a wonderful evening.
The other "special" evening is the Caribbean evening held at the Pool Grill, where you can try many Caribbean specialities. Again the food presentation is superb and the cocktails / wine or whatever you're drinking, just keeps on flowing.
Our room, a beachside court yard suite, (we always stay in the same one if we can) is cool, bright and airy. The first time I saw it all I could say was WOW! I still get that feeling every time we return. The beds are really comfortable and the rooms are kept spotlessly clean. The mini bar is very well stocked although we rarely need to use it.
The new beach bar is brilliant! We loved the new design, if you want to meet and chat with other guests this is the place to do it. Its just perfect for Sundowners (and Jenny is a Legend!!!)
If you want to be a bit more active, there is the watersports team to help you learn to waterski, wakeboard, windsurf or sail a Hobie Cat. There are also snorkeling trips which are fun and a great way to see the nearby uninhabited islands.
Its always a little sad when we have to leave to come home but we just start to make plans for our return visit next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 300-acre private island located just two miles off the coast of Antigua, Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort casts a spell of serene enchantment. A naturalist's haven that plays host to a variety of wildlife a midst the tropical foliage and pristine, white sand beaches, this all-inclusive hideaway is recognized world-wide as a private island resort paradise. With 40 luxurious resort rooms and suites, and a host of privately owned residences, Jumby Bay's exemplary hospitality is something that has long been lauded by the Caribbean's most discerning travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jumby Bay, a Rosewood Hotel St. John`s
- Jumby Bay Antigua
- Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort Antigua/Saint John Parish