If you are the type of person who enjoys limbo contests by the pool and partying until dawn, this is not the place for you. However, if you are looking to get away from it all to relax and enjoy nature’s Caribbean pleasures, this is most definitely the place for you.
We have just returned from our honeymoon at Jumby Bay and cannot express how absolutely wonderful it was – more than we ever expected. After 8 days at the resort, we were trying to figure out how we might reschedule our normal lives to stay longer.
The resort is simply beautiful with every amenity you can think of right at your finger tips. Between the pools, the beaches, the water sport activities, the nature reserve, and the daily activities provided by the hotel, there is never a loss for something to do.
At other resorts you need to literally put up the Do Not Disturb sign so that vendors or hotel services are not hounding you to purchase items or sign up for activities. That is absolutely not the case at Jumby Bay. All the activities you would find elsewhere are readily available to you on the island or can be arranged through Guest Services. But it is up to you to notify them what you would like to do. And all it takes is one sentence, “I would like to…” and – poof – everything is arranged.
But the best part is that if you choose to do nothing at all, you could do so in the most amazing tranquil environment possible. And I am no stranger to the Caribbean having been traveling throughout the region for 30 years since I was 8 years old…
As an all inclusive hotel, we were concerned we might be bored with the food selections by the end of our trip but no worries here. Menus change daily and the chef will make you anything you desire upon request. And everything was so delicious we ordered several dishes we enjoyed multiple times during our holiday. We even had our very own lesson to make some of these delicious meals by attending Chef Juan’s cooking class! This was one of many personal elements of the Jumby Bay experience.
The staff became like family always available and eager to please but not overly attentive as to be distracting. Elaine and Genevieve were witty and playful with conversations always ending in hearty laughter and hugs. Maureen and the rest of the restaurant staff were always pleasant making sure your every culinary wish was attended to. The housekeeping staff was unobtrusive yet caring making kind gestures throughout our stay especially Latoya. Guest Services were always available and patient helping you with every request. Melinda and Rita topped off the experience with their energy and charisma.
The spa was glorious! I, as well as other guests, started our trips with one schedule visit and ended up making many more. Jacqueline definitely has magic in her hands.
Overall I would recommend Jumby Bay to anyone who is looking for pure and simply relaxation and tranquility in paradise. Kudos to the Jumby Bay team for providing such an amazing experience. We are already figuring out when we might return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 300-acre private island located just two miles off the coast of Antigua, Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort casts a spell of serene enchantment. A naturalist's haven that plays host to a variety of wildlife a midst the tropical foliage and pristine, white sand beaches, this all-inclusive hideaway is recognized world-wide as a private island resort paradise. With 40 luxurious resort rooms and suites, and a host of privately owned residences, Jumby Bay's exemplary hospitality is something that has long been lauded by the Caribbean's most discerning travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jumby Bay, a Rosewood Hotel St. John`s
- Jumby Bay Antigua
- Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort Antigua/Saint John Parish