It's really unfortunate that this is going to be a bad review as there are many things to like about this resort. First and foremost is the beach - one of the best in the Caribbean. The sand is very soft and the water is shallow and clear - there are many starfish right in the shallow water. Also the weather was great when we were there.
The real problems with this resort are the food and service. On the food front, I got food poisoning from the beach barbeque night - was really bad and was basically incapacitated for 36 hours. Had to have a doctor come over from the mainland (Dr. William - he did a great job) to put me back in shape. But even had I not gotten food poisoning, I would have still been upset about the food because it just wasnt good at all. Whether it was the Verandah or the Estate House, just very tasteless food.
And the service was worse than the food - I had to ask for a drink 4 times at the pool grille to get it, we received the wrong meals or drinks and there was a 30 minute wait for some people to get a table. We would call concierge to ask for something and they'd say they'd take care of it but never call back or actually do it. We asked three times to get a child seat for our bike and finally the third time we were told they were stored in a locker which no one could get into until Monday. All three treadmills wouldn't work and when they fixed them they would just abruptly stop after 12 minutes. When I asked they said that was the way they were set up and there was nothing they could do.
A real shame as the island is very nice, the rooms are well appointed and the ambiance is very laid back. This would have been good value for about $500 a night, but at close to $2,000 it was a real disappointment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 300-acre private island located just two miles off the coast of Antigua, Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort casts a spell of serene enchantment. A naturalist's haven that plays host to a variety of wildlife a midst the tropical foliage and pristine, white sand beaches, this all-inclusive hideaway is recognized world-wide as a private island resort paradise. With 40 luxurious resort rooms and suites, and a host of privately owned residences, Jumby Bay's exemplary hospitality is something that has long been lauded by the Caribbean's most discerning travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel and Hotels.com so you can book your Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jumby Bay, a Rosewood Hotel St. John`s
- Jumby Bay Antigua
- Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort Antigua/Saint John Parish