Hawksbill by Rex Resorts
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Galley Bay Resort & Spa(Five Islands Village)
  • Pool
Coconut Beach Club(St. John's)
Hermitage Bay(Saint Mary's)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
COCOS Hotel Antigua(Jolly Harbour)
View Hotel
Sugar Ridge Resort(Jolly Harbour)
View Hotel
Siboney Beach Club(St. John's)
1,282 results
All reviewseden beachclothing optional beachnude beachsea grapes beachgarden bungalowsuperior sea viewfourth beachtamarind treebeachfront clubair conditioningrex resortsmain beachceiling fanlaid backsugar millbeach barrepeat guests
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 May 2013

stayed in in june 2010 not the date listed below (couldn't find date on drop down).
The room we stayed in hadn't be decorated in a while may be 10-14 years but it was very tidy and cleaned daily for us.
Stayed all inclusive for 10 nights.
Has no air con in out room but had large overhead fans which were ok I suppose.
Food was enjoyable for me as an part time veggie but my partner who is a serious veggie got a little bored.
Best meals were breakfast and afternoon tea.
Lovely drinks alcoholic and non alcoholic.
Some staff very lovely and some quite miserable!
The hotel and its grounds are completely out of this world. We only ventured out of the hotel about 3 times for half day trips and 4 nights and we didnt feel that were massively missing out. The capital is about a 15 min taxi drive as some parts on the road where busy and narrow.
There is so much to explore on this hotel's grounds. We did not get bored at all. Lush gardens, beautiful beaches and nature. A few little bars to drink at.
I visited my family who were staying at the Halcyon Cove by Rex and it was lovely too but had a less natural setting. It reminded me of a very up market med hotel and was more modern with clubs for children etc.
This is still a family hotel but is a less obvious choice. If you are very outdoorsy and like entertaining your children by little walks and sea activities then here is great.
My partner and I would def take our under 5s here, they would love the gardens, plants, seeing the humming birds and the sea.

Room Tip: Stay in an air con room. Make sure you explore all the beaches. Have a few lunches out. Check out duty free shopping.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank casmama
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Still living in its 1960's heyday, beach chalets (variously described by other guests as "quaint" and "back packers beach cabins") very basic. Food very unimaginative and less interesting than I would cook at home. Staff very friendly, but limited beach facilities and no evening entertainment (apart from canned music). Island has little to offer except for its beaches. Overall a relaxing holiday but not in a hurry to return.
Jacki M

Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays
1  Thank Jalkin
Reviewed 5 May 2013

What can we say - Hawksbill is simply outstanding!! We have traveled all over the Caribbean - we were married in Tortola, BVI 26 years ago and have spent time in Mystique, Grenada, St. Lucia, St Maartin, Virgin Gorda, Grenada, Barbados, Angulla, Aruba, and many other Caribbean Islands - for the past 13 years we have found ourselves coming back over and over again to the Hawksbill - we now spend 2 weeks, twice a year at this simply fantastic hotel - it is our home away from home. Located on one of the most beautiful spots in the Caribbean, Hawksbill is far and away the best place to relax and recharge that we have ever come across. It is quiet, low key and simply outstanding. Our room is situated in a small bungalow that sits right on the beach - you literally roll out of bed onto the beach!!! Make no mistake, this is not the Ritz Carleton but rather Hawksbill is one of the nicest and friendliest resorts you will find in the Caribbean. One of the things that makes the Hawksbill such a great place is the simply fantastic staff - they welcome visitors as they would members of their own family - they CARE and they do everything they can to make your stay a memorable one - many have worked for 20 to 30 years!! Words can not describe how we feel about Hawksbill - book a stay there and you will understand - it is a slice of paradise in a world too full of stress and aggravation. We guarantee you will find yourself returning over and over again - our last stay (April 18th to May 2nd) was our 20th!!!

Room Tip: Choose the Beach Bungalows - they are the best!!
4  Thank TomAndMarcia
Reviewed 1 May 2013

We first stayed here in September 1990 & have just returned from our eleventh stay, having visited on a "day basis" quite often when cruising the Caribbean in winter time.
We have never seen the grounds looking better & noticed that Sylvia is still conducting her garden tours.
The food is as good as ever, with Sean still bringing new items to the dinner menu, our favourite this time being his banana & ginger soup! One of his turkey dinners was, Xmas Day excepted, probably the best we've ever had; so no qualms in that direction either.
We have always stayed on the upper floor of the main block - Superior Sea View - preferably at the reception end of the building. For this trip Ornella put us in room 20. What a superb view, of the grounds, the rock & the incoming cruise ships. As it is built on the angle, it is just possible to retain a small amount of shade on the balcony during the hot afternoon weather, another bonus.
Entertainment wise it was good to see & hear the Halcyon Steel Band twice more - as good as ever. However, the Saturday night group Axis were not up to their usual high standard ... Sad to say the female vocalist sang every note of every song out of tune for the best part of two hours ... an altogether forgettable performance on the night!
My only other criticism of the entire stay, is confirmation of other folks stated views which I read before our trip, concerning the dilapidated condition of most of the sunbeds on Eden beach. This needs rectifying rightaway please Manager John!
On the other hand,you & your wonderful staff must also take the credit for one of our best stays to date. At present I can't say when we will return to Beloved Hawksbill - suffice to say that I hope it's sooner rather than later!

Room Tip: Rooms 20 to 24 in the main block are all very good.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank sidandjean
Reviewed 29 April 2013

April 14-21.Blaine and Evelyn, Ontario, Hawksbill stay was very enjoyable, nice place to relax. Grounds were very well kept and the property is definitely one of a kind. My favorite spot was sitting on the cannon in the evening as the sun went down. Food was good and my favorite
was the butter fish at the beach restaurant. I fed the fish at the dock every
morning and enjoyed the chorus from the two 'laughing gulls' who spent time
there also. My wife bought some nice souvenirs at the windmill gift shop.

I enjoyed talking to Emanuel, one of the maintenance staff, always a smile
for us. All the staff know their job well and were polite, it's unfortunate
that the future of the Hawksbill is uncertain. Millie mixed a variety of
delicious drinks, at the Mixology class, one day at the beach bar.

We took the tour of Barbuda, through our Air Canada rep, by way of the
public ferry. I wanted to see more of this island and was glad we went. The
trip over was a wild ride, taking just under 2 hours, but everything has
it's price. Tour of the caves was the highlight, we climbed out on to the top
of the hill for a beautiful view. Frigate bird sanctuary was interesting; the
boat ride over the lagoon was refreshing and we slowed down to see the
Canadian buoy AM 52. The boat operator handed us some jellyfish as he pulled
the boat through some shallow water. Four of us ate lunch, under a crude
shelter, on the beach, with no one in site for miles. Picked up some pink
sand also. I hope Barbuda never changes.

Looking for a much more personal tour of Antigua, we rented a taxi. Goldman took
us on interesting tour: first to an organic lettuce/ fish farm, then to
visit a pottery lady, who works in her garage. I wanted to go to Betty's
Hope to see a complete sugar windmill, that was next. A zip-line brochure
caught my interest at the resort, so we both had that exciting experience
too. Goldman then took us to a relative's home for lunch, where we sampled
delicious Antiquan food. Left it up to him to pick out a spot for lunch, and
he surprised us. Next stop was Nelson's Dockyard and then on to Shirley's
Heights.We returned home by way of Fig Tree Drive, and the southern coastal road,
which I had wanted to view. I do recommend Goldman for anyone taking a taxi tour.

Last 2 days were spent exploring St.Johns, it was quiet since the cruise
ships were out. There is a museum here that has an unusual hippo skull, at
the front desk.Glad we went to the Hawksbill, I miss the singing
frogs put us to sleep every night.

5  Thank Blaine C