+ The grounds are beautiful and immaculately kept
+ Nice beaches
+ Friendly staff who genuinely seem to care
- The food is abysmal. I gave most of my food to the starving stray cats under the table. Unfortunately even they turned their nose up at some of it!
- The hotel is frequented by "older" Brits and Americans who have been visiting the resort for decades. Everyone knows everyone and there is a strange reaction to new people. We weren't bothered by this but I can imagine some people feeling uncomfortable.
- Unless you're the type of person who is interested in a 'Foliage tour' of the grounds, there's not much here for the younger person. If you're the type who enjoys jet skiing, you'll be disappointed.
- It's just a bit too far away from everything. The food is so bad you'll need to travel out of the resort, but taxis are too expensive and most would feel uncomfortable driving on Antiguan roads.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Priceline, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Booking.com, TravelUp, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hawksbill by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawksbill By Rex Hotel St. John`s
- Hawksbill Antigua
- Hawksbill By Rex Antigua
- Hawksbill Hotel Antigua
- Hawksbill Beach Resort
- Hawksbill Resort Antigua
- Hawksbill By Rex Resorts Antigua/Saint John Parish