This was our third stay at Halcyon Cove in ten years. Yet again everything was brilliant and we did not want to come home. There had also been some improvements since our last visit two years ago such as the choice of food at lunchtimes. On arrival we were again met by friendly receptionists who made the check in process as quick as possible. We had a poolside room for our family of four which was kept spotlessly clean for our entire stay, housekeeping staff we found to be full of smiles and always said hello.The room was of a good size and the bathroom had a bath with a shower over it. The beach is beautiful, we used the watersports which were okay, a couple more windsurfers and sailing boats would have been nice but again the guys who ran the watersports made us feel very welcome. The hotel has a small fitness centre which we used several days, they have a couple of running machines, an exercise bike and a couple of stepmasters. We found the entertainment to be ideal for what we wanted, if you wanted to participate you could but if you preferred to sit quietly and chat over a drink you were not dragged into taking part which we liked. While we were there we had a few evenings of inclement weather which meant the entertainment was at the lobby bar rather than the Carib bar. This did mean that the lobby area was very busy and if you had a later dinner you struggled to find somewhere to sit and enjoy a drink afterwards. This is obviously not the hotels fault and they certainly did all they could to make sure everyone was comfortable.
We stayed on an all inclusive basis but ate out several times during our stay, both at lunchtime and in the evening. The food on the Warri pier at the hotel was excellent and the service and friendliness of the staff was again, in our opinion, faultless. The food in the buffet restaurant was of a good standard but for two weeks we would have been bored with it, therefore we always factor into the cost of the holiday eating out some days. Lunch was much better than our last visit with a good variety and breakfast was just as good as we remembered previously. The staff always had a smile on their face and were again always happy to chat. Even on the busier nights they coped admirably.
If you want the attentive, over the top service of some five star resorts and the countless restaurants that come with it then this is probably not the place for you. If you are looking for a good three star hotel on an amazing beach with very friendly, amazing staff who will feel like lifelong friends then you will enjoy Halcyon Cove.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying a pristine picture postcard beach front location, the Halcyon Cove by rex resorts offers the very essence of a perfect Caribbean setting. Beautiful glistening waters gently lap at the palm-fringed white sands of Dickenson Bay where guests can recline beneath the palm-frond parasols or exert some energy on a variety of water sports. International buffet breakfast and dinner cuisine is served at the Arawak Terrace restaurant or treat yourself at the Warri Pier a-la-carte restaurant featuring speciality grills and lobster in its unique setting over the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Odigeo, TravelUp, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Halcyon Cove by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Hotel St. John`s
- Halcyon Cove Antigua
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Resorts Antigua/Saint John Parish
- Rex Halcyon Cove Resort
- Rex Halcyon Antigua