Check in was slow, our first room was so dirty that I had to complain immediately and rather than having housekeeping clean the room to even a substandard state we were moved to a small pokey room which could also of been cleaner.
We asked if we could pay to be upgraded to a pool view room (as the receptionist said these were the best rooms and looked like the newer ones) to our delighted we got told we could have a free upgrade in 2 days but this never materialised.
Having said this, if your not spending that much time in your room then this hotel is fine, however if you can afford it I would opt for the Sandles resort next door when you know you'll be getting something great.
Location is fab, and the beach is amazing, particually if you walk to the end (past Sandles) where you can get away from the vendors and cruise passengers and relax on the more sedcluded part.
You will need to go All Inclusive at this hotel unless you are going to hire a car and get out and about for dinner, even if you are AI, head down the beach to Pepperz and Lime one night beacuse the food here is fab or a short walk up to Opus also great!
The night manager of this hotel is particually rude and unhelpful, we tried to check out at 3.30am to get our transfer at 3.45 however it was quite clear he was alsleep in the office as our presence at the desk was never acknowledged and when to our dismay our transfer still hadn't arrived by 4.30am and we frantically rang the rep who rang the hotel it took the manager at least 5mins to answer and come out of the office all blurry eyed. Obviously the transfer not arriving was not a reflection on the hotel but the way the manager behaved and rudley spoke to us was a huge issue when we were facing missing our flight - amoungst the comments he made included being called "man and woman" when addressing us and implying it was our fault the transfer didn't arrive??!!
We would definately visit Antigua again but whether or not we would chose to stay at this hotel is debateable, you win some you loose some.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying a pristine picture postcard beach front location, the Halcyon Cove by rex resorts offers the very essence of a perfect Caribbean setting. Beautiful glistening waters gently lap at the palm-fringed white sands of Dickenson Bay where guests can recline beneath the palm-frond parasols or exert some energy on a variety of water sports. International buffet breakfast and dinner cuisine is served at the Arawak Terrace restaurant or treat yourself at the Warri Pier a-la-carte restaurant featuring speciality grills and lobster in its unique setting over the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, West Indies, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelbag, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Holiday Gems, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Halcyon Cove by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Hotel St. John`s
- Halcyon Cove Antigua
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Resorts Antigua/Saint John Parish
- Rex Halcyon Cove Resort
- Rex Halcyon Antigua