We spent 1 week at hotel. Very helpful staff but everything very tired and in serious need of refurbishment.
The pool seemed to be low in water, the rooms were large (We were in room 385 a superior room) but distinctly tatty. The hot water came and went on its own accord as did the internet.
Fantastic location by the beach although the number of dead palm trees is a bit disturbing but we used the water sports and that was great fun.
Food wise as a vegetarian there was good choice. We ate twice on the pier which was great. Best bet is to ensure sea side table so you can see the fish when they turn the lights on. Wife added lobster to her meal and really enjoyed it.
6km to capital (St Johns) or 30 mins run $25 (US) return cab fare. Which is not really worth a visit. We hired a car for the day and drove around the island. This was best. for $100 (US) for a day inc fuel you can see the whole island. Especially like devils Bridge and had a great Pizza sitting on the waterfront in English Harbour.
All in all a fantastic holiday but if you want 5 star luxury look else where.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying a pristine picture postcard beach front location, the Halcyon Cove by rex resorts offers the very essence of a perfect Caribbean setting. Beautiful glistening waters gently lap at the palm-fringed white sands of Dickenson Bay where guests can recline beneath the palm-frond parasols or exert some energy on a variety of water sports. International buffet breakfast and dinner cuisine is served at the Arawak Terrace restaurant or treat yourself at the Warri Pier a-la-carte restaurant featuring speciality grills and lobster in its unique setting over the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Booking.com, Priceline, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Halcyon Cove by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Hotel St. John`s
- Halcyon Cove Antigua
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Resorts Antigua/Saint John Parish
- Rex Halcyon Cove Resort
- Rex Halcyon Antigua