We thoroughly enjoyed our week’s stay at the Halycon Cove. Check-in was efficient and welcoming, our room was clean, a good size, with very comfortable beds and a lovely balcony with view over the pool area towards the sea.
The location was perfect; just along the beach from Sandals, white sand, clear blue sea - but mind the “step” into the water, easier to get in at the far right hand side of the beach if you are a wuss like me. Stunning sunsets
Food was fresh, well cooked, plentiful and reasonably varied: lunch excellent with burgers, curries, fresh vegetables and salads and lovely ice cream in lots of flavours. Another plus was the coffee machine at the beach bar available all day. We had no problem booking the Warri pier for what days and times we wanted, and both evenings were a delight; hard to imagine a lovelier setting for dinner (apart from the Coconut Grove restaurant at the other end of the beach, go there for a treat)
Entertainment, although not to everyone’s taste, was lively and fun, and everything stopped at 11pm so no problem getting an early night if you wanted one.
All staff were helpful and friendly.
Only real gripes, as mentioned by previous correspondents, were the provision of towels which were not always replaced, and evening meal was a bit “school dinners”, just needing slicker service and organisation, but food was very nice
So if you want luxury and glamour, go elsewhere and pay a fortune; if you want a good value, fun, relaxed holiday in a beautiful setting I would highly recommend the Halycon Cove.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying a pristine picture postcard beach front location, the Halcyon Cove by rex resorts offers the very essence of a perfect Caribbean setting. Beautiful glistening waters gently lap at the palm-fringed white sands of Dickenson Bay where guests can recline beneath the palm-frond parasols or exert some energy on a variety of water sports. International buffet breakfast and dinner cuisine is served at the Arawak Terrace restaurant or treat yourself at the Warri Pier a-la-carte restaurant featuring speciality grills and lobster in its unique setting over the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Travelbag, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Booking.com, HotelsClick, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Halcyon Cove by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Hotel St. John`s
- Halcyon Cove Antigua
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Resorts Antigua/Saint John Parish
- Rex Halcyon Cove Resort
- Rex Halcyon Antigua