Having visited this hotel four years ago we had a good idea what to expect and things haven't changed an awful lot. I am quite disappointed with some of the negative comments which have recently been reviewed. The big difference from four years ago was the fact that the hotel was very busy. I know this is very good for the Rex and improvements works were being carried out whilst we were there. We were lucky to be given a lovely beach room which was very comfortable. All the staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The beach is beautiful. The beaches are public so there are a few vendors who are trying to earn a living. They are friendly and just a simple 'no thank you' if you're not interested and they are on their way. Some of them are hilarious especially the 'Aloe Vera Man'! "Big up" to him!
This hotel is a 3 star hotel at 3 star prices but 5 star service. Having travelled all around the Caribbean this is a typical 3 star hotel. If you want to upgrade go next door to Sandals but it will cost you 2 to 3 times as much again.
The food is good, the Warri Pier is worth a visit and the entertainment is the best in the Caribbean
We will return hopefully sooner than later but in the meantime good work Rex. Thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying a pristine picture postcard beach front location, the Halcyon Cove by rex resorts offers the very essence of a perfect Caribbean setting. Beautiful glistening waters gently lap at the palm-fringed white sands of Dickenson Bay where guests can recline beneath the palm-frond parasols or exert some energy on a variety of water sports. International buffet breakfast and dinner cuisine is served at the Arawak Terrace restaurant or treat yourself at the Warri Pier a-la-carte restaurant featuring speciality grills and lobster in its unique setting over the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Southall Travel, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Halcyon Cove by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Hotel St. John`s
- Halcyon Cove Antigua
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Resorts Antigua/Saint John Parish
- Rex Halcyon Cove Resort
- Rex Halcyon Antigua