I travelled with my husband and my 15 month old during the Easter week. At first impression you will not think much of the place . As well, the hotel is not a busy place if you are looking for a party atmosphere; however, if you want a beautiful, family, relaxed vacation, then this is the place. Rooms are older but very clean. If you need any extra towels or pillows you will get them right away. Any reasonable request is fulfilled. The food is delicious. Not a lot of selection but if you prefer quality over quantity this is what you will get. The breakfast and lunch are buffets and the dinner is a la carte. There is not a lot to do after dinner but we did not care because we were in our room by 10pm since we had to put the baby to sleep.
The only downsize is that the hotel does not have cribs, only playpens. But we were really well accommodated by having a small bed added to our king size bed. Also if you care to drink bottled water you will need to purchase it, as bottled water is not included.
The beach is fantastic especially for kids because there are not a lot of waves and the water is something out of pictures. You can also go for a nice stroll on the beach to watch the most beautiful sunsets. Sandals is right next door so you will see lots of weddings on the beach. We saw 5 in a week. The weather is amazing... it is not too humid and not too hot. It is perfect.
If you want to go to town you will need to take a cab, but unless you want to see commercial jewellery store, there isn’t much to do in town. In 2 hours you have seen St. John’s.
Overall, it was the best family vacation we have been in. Both my husband and my kid absolutely loved it. I would highly recommend it if you are looking to relax and forget about the world!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying a pristine picture postcard beach front location, the Halcyon Cove by rex resorts offers the very essence of a perfect Caribbean setting. Beautiful glistening waters gently lap at the palm-fringed white sands of Dickenson Bay where guests can recline beneath the palm-frond parasols or exert some energy on a variety of water sports. International buffet breakfast and dinner cuisine is served at the Arawak Terrace restaurant or treat yourself at the Warri Pier a-la-carte restaurant featuring speciality grills and lobster in its unique setting over the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, West Indies, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Priceline, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Holiday Gems, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Halcyon Cove by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Hotel St. John`s
- Halcyon Cove Antigua
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Resorts Antigua/Saint John Parish
- Rex Halcyon Cove Resort
- Rex Halcyon Antigua