If you're coming here for the beach, then you're in good shape, as long as you don't plan to spend any time in your room. The rooms and the rest of the facilities are rundown and showing their age.
Bathrooms have been updated recently but the water pressure is very poor. And there's little to no hot water.
The food is good to very good. Meals are offered buffet-style and there are plenty of good offerings for meat eaters and vegetarians alike. Some sort of fish is offered at every meal. The salted fish I had for breakfast was excellent.
For an all-inclusive resort, Halcyon Cove needs to offer better accommodations.
Room service is not available.
Wi-Fi is pretty much nonexistent anywhere but the lobby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying a pristine picture postcard beach front location, the Halcyon Cove by rex resorts offers the very essence of a perfect Caribbean setting. Beautiful glistening waters gently lap at the palm-fringed white sands of Dickenson Bay where guests can recline beneath the palm-frond parasols or exert some energy on a variety of water sports. International buffet breakfast and dinner cuisine is served at the Arawak Terrace restaurant or treat yourself at the Warri Pier a-la-carte restaurant featuring speciality grills and lobster in its unique setting over the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, West Indies, Southall Travel, Expedia, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Priceline, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Halcyon Cove by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Hotel St. John`s
- Halcyon Cove Antigua
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Resorts Antigua/Saint John Parish
- Rex Halcyon Cove Resort
- Rex Halcyon Antigua