My husband and I returned with our children (aged 2 & 10) to Dickenson Bay after spending a very memorable day here during our honeymoon carribbean cruise in 2004.
We booked a Standard Room, RO Basis. We were Upgraded to Superior Pool Room. This room was lovely although it did not have enough beds for our family. Reception was very helpful and took us along to view our new room before moving us in. Our two weeks was spent in a very spacious oceanfront apt, a stones throw away from the waters edge (room 306). Not the most modern apt but the view was heaven!!
Most people seemed to be AI. The stafff at this hotel were so laid back that most of the time they just could not be bothered to charge us for our drinks. I did try but they always said not to worry. Who needs AI???
Restaurant is very very hot so I feel sorry for any person feeling that they have to eat there twice a day. Breakfast was lovely but we were always so hot and flustered. The Coconut Grove - "A room with a View" as described by the Times newspaper (UK)was a much preffered option for breakfast and dinner.
The Beach, The Lobster Shack and the restaraunt at Tradwinds were really lovely so it seems such a shame to go AI and miss out on all this lovely places with idyllic settings.
We met so many lovely people here. The staff and local people were so friendly. They always had time for everybody, especially the kids, you really could not pick a better place than Antigua for your holiday. Our children had a holiday of a lifetime. Jake (10)and Mackenzie (2) would like to say "Respect" to everybody that they met in Antigua.
Book now - the Halcyon Cove is brilliant!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying a pristine picture postcard beach front location, the Halcyon Cove by rex resorts offers the very essence of a perfect Caribbean setting. Beautiful glistening waters gently lap at the palm-fringed white sands of Dickenson Bay where guests can recline beneath the palm-frond parasols or exert some energy on a variety of water sports. International buffet breakfast and dinner cuisine is served at the Arawak Terrace restaurant or treat yourself at the Warri Pier a-la-carte restaurant featuring speciality grills and lobster in its unique setting over the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, West Indies, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Travelbag, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Halcyon Cove by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Hotel St. John`s
- Halcyon Cove Antigua
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Resorts Antigua/Saint John Parish
- Rex Halcyon Cove Resort
- Rex Halcyon Antigua