Sorry it has taken so long to leave this and i can only hope if you booked this holiday it has now improved. We have been in the throws of getting compensation from firstchoice!
Well its difficullt to know where to start! After a long flight we had a TWO hr wait in the lobby, very sweety and hot, with our little one yr old. After this we where taken to our room, just happy that we where getting sorted we hoped this was not a sign of things to come.... we are not negative people looking for all the bad points.
The room on arrival was still being cleaned. The following day our son put his foot through the rotten wooden floor of the wardrobe! Thankfully it was so rotten he did not get caused too much damage.
This problem was not fixedfor 4 days dispite asking for it to be boarded as we had cockroaches coming up through the hole.
Staff where extreamly rude to myself and partner and many other guests in the hotel, walking off when serving and generally ignoring you. Wether this was due to them being very understaffed i do not know. The lady who seved breakfast on the ppeir was very nice and always had a smile! The managment are very nice but unfortunatly do not seem to get things done which does not help you on your once in a life time holiday!
The problems continued and you would get board of listening but to sum it up tables where lacking in numbers, lighting at the pool resturant where bad and the no. of highchairs to babies was not good! The icing on the cake was when we sat next to the pool resturant in the evening and there was cockraohes everywhere, the bar and food area was not even wiped down after we had seen them all over it! A court case waiting to happen.... which the managment where informed about and aaware of! Not what you want to worry about with a small child.
On the positive the beach was stunning and beautiful. The boat trip is an absolute must it was the best day we had. We took the smaller boat not the wadili \cats as it was slightly less packed. They put a brilliant day on!!!! Worth every penny. The men on the beach are also very friendly and genuine!
Please be aware if booking with first choice that the week we got back i went and got a brouchere and the star rating was now a 4star newly refurdished! be carful!
Im sad that our once in a life time ho.liday was ruined by the hotel and staff, i did not realise how much of a negative effect this could have on your experience. Had this been better the holiday would have been perfect as the location was amazing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying a pristine picture postcard beach front location, the Halcyon Cove by rex resorts offers the very essence of a perfect Caribbean setting. Beautiful glistening waters gently lap at the palm-fringed white sands of Dickenson Bay where guests can recline beneath the palm-frond parasols or exert some energy on a variety of water sports. International buffet breakfast and dinner cuisine is served at the Arawak Terrace restaurant or treat yourself at the Warri Pier a-la-carte restaurant featuring speciality grills and lobster in its unique setting over the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, West Indies, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Travelbag, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Halcyon Cove by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Hotel St. John`s
- Halcyon Cove Antigua
- Halcyon Cove By Rex Resorts Antigua/Saint John Parish
- Rex Halcyon Cove Resort
- Rex Halcyon Antigua