This was our second trip to Sandals so we had high expectations, we arrived on Saturday night customs and transfer was a breeze
We received a upgrade from the Venetian Oceanview room to a room on a upper floor
The food was just o.k. After going to other 5 start all inclusives we had high hopes for the food but was let down even though all the reviews for the pizza were bang on - best meal we had there
We had the concierge service who could never seem to get us a decent dinner reservation so we did miss having dinner at Eleanor's
The pool was very nice even though we did find not a lot of activities maybe the playmakers were on vacation that week?
There was problems getting a lounger in a sunny spot, you had to be there prior to 7:00AM to get a spot, that being said we did see a whole bunch of new ones just before we left
We did meet some great staff, there was one butler - Craig started chatting to us very nice young man, Norman the intern who tried to help with our reservations and of course Samantha at the gift shop. Lastly Stewart from the photo shop, we got a little lost so we got a guided tour and he always managed to say hello after that
There were a few who also stood out for the wrong reasons, the staff at the water sports shop we couldn't believe how rude staff can be at a all inclusive also we had the chance to run into the General Manager, maybe we caught him on a bad day but we found him to be patronizing and
Overall the resort is beautiful, with a great pool, great weather, loads of "ok" food and some real nice staff despite the few who couldn't spoil our holiday
Would we go back? Just watch this space!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A European Hotel in the Six-Star, all-suite Mediterranean Village •Exotic Rondoval with private plunge pool and butler service •1,400 square foot Mediterranean villa with private plunge pool and butler service•Houses the East Caribbean's largest pool (1 of 6) •Offers 9 dining options and 8 bars including an English pub •Voted "World's Most Romantic Resort" 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Travelbag, Booking.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort And Spa
- Sandals Grande Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Sandals Antigua
- Hotel Sandals Grande Antigua
- Sandals Grand Antigua
- Antigua Sandals
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa Saint John Parish