After reading some other reviews I am truly shocked that anyone could find fault with this resort. We spent a week in the villa with plunge pool for our 20th anniversary & the only fault I can find is the few bites I got which obviously Sandals could do nothing about. Lol. We arrived & were met in the lobby by our butlers Julian & Vanessa. They escorted us to our room #911 which was a little creepy to hear lol. The villa was spotless well laid out & there was a bottle of champagne on ice & cheese & fruit platters awaiting us.
The resort itself is beautiful with the prettiest flowers & greenery everywhere. The villa was very private had a living room area & a huge bedroom with beautiful 4 post king size bed. There was a patio table/umbrella plus 2 loungers out back. The plunge pool was spotless & hot tub was too
We ordered breakfast every morning & butler brought & served on the patio. We ate @ Drunken Duck the first night & went to the beach barbecue on another night. The other nights we ordered from various restaurants & our butler served again on patio
We have a hectic life with an autistic child so just being away together is what we need & we found it so relaxing to just dine @ our villa & the yard was so beautiful we wanted to enjoy it!!!!! The food from Barefoot/Mario's & Eleanors was top notch & plentiful. Our butlers were absolutely fantastic they went above & beyond in everything. They seemed to think of things before we even knew we wanted/needed them
We had a couples massage in our room & it was fantastic!!!!
We also enjoyed the lattes & pastries from the Cafe
We have travelled quite a bit & have seen many islands & cruised lots too. This was our second Sandals stay & in our opinion Sandals is way above other resorts. We have had butler service twice & tho it's not a necessity we really enjoy it. If you want to just relax & be pampered pay for butler service. It's really worth the extra cost. The beach @ this resort is gorgeous. Yes there are some locals selling stuff BUT we just said no thanks & they walked away. The pools are spectacular as well. Having the butler means your seats are always reserved & there's a cooler with your fave drinks waiting for you. We did splurge on this trip but it was worth every penny. In my opinion Sandals is just way above any other 5 star resort & once you go to a Sandals it's hard to go anywhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A European Hotel in the Six-Star, all-suite Mediterranean Village •Exotic Rondoval with private plunge pool and butler service •1,400 square foot Mediterranean villa with private plunge pool and butler service•Houses the East Caribbean's largest pool (1 of 6) •Offers 9 dining options and 8 bars including an English pub •Voted "World's Most Romantic Resort" 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort And Spa
- Sandals Grande Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Sandals Antigua
- Hotel Sandals Grande Antigua
- Sandals Grand Antigua
- Antigua Sandals
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa Saint John Parish