Stayed recently at Sandals Antigua. Our holiday has to be rated as very good but having been to other Sandals resorts I have to say there are things 'lacking'. This is difficult to pinpoint as our problems were resolved but for the type of resort/company these should not have arisen in the first place.
Prior to our visit I sent an e mail to a sales consultant, Ezra, having been given her name by Sandals in the UK. I had few very minor requests and questions that I asked for response too. Following her first reply she sadly did not reply further and it is fair to say that this lady almost went out of her way to avoid us. We were not given the room location we initially asked for and we were advised to speak with her the day after arrival. She failed to appear and it seemed that someone else had been sent to speak with us.(Lesley) (All we wanted was a room in a quiet location on the first floor which we didn't realise was the 2nd floor in Antigua)
This matter was eventually resolved when we spoke with Dianah and then Shernell who went to great lengths to resolve this issue, taking the matter personally and constantly reassuring us that it would be sorted out. We were told that Ezra would speak with us and had indeed left messages (which she hadn't). In real terms she does no favours to Sandals to represent them in the industry they are in.
Our holiday overall was acceptable and got better as the two weeks progressed.
Our top restaurant was probably Marios and the staff there certainly went the extra mile to make sure everything was good.
Kiminos was a bit hit and miss. One meal good one not so and Barefoot lived up to all it claims.
The pizza bar was ok, not exceptional, Barefoot again good and average. Eleanors had a great location but the lobster was overcooked and the rest of the meal was not overly brilliant.
Whilst this sounds a bit 'moany' it is not meant that way as we did enjoy our stay but that was mainly due to the intervention of Dianah and Shernell.
Would we return to Sandals Antigua ? I don't think so. It does not compare with St Lucia or Ocho Rios.
Staff wise I would say that the ones who do the most credit to Sandals are the girls who serve around the beach and pool as they do a great job and without doubt Evette the lady who looked after our room. The rest do their job, but when you pay a lot of money one would expect that.
We met some nice people and that is a real bonus and makes the holiday memorable. - Hi Eric and Jen.
We are going to White House in the spring and hope that is a big improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A European Hotel in the Six-Star, all-suite Mediterranean Village •Exotic Rondoval with private plunge pool and butler service •1,400 square foot Mediterranean villa with private plunge pool and butler service•Houses the East Caribbean's largest pool (1 of 6) •Offers 9 dining options and 8 bars including an English pub •Voted "World's Most Romantic Resort" 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort And Spa
- Sandals Grande Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Sandals Antigua
- Hotel Sandals Grande Antigua
- Sandals Grand Antigua
- Antigua Sandals
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa Saint John Parish