We just returned from a week at Sandals Antigua. My husband and I travel with 2 other couples. This is our 4th Sandals resort and they never disappoint.
Why do we chose Sandals for our vacations? Extra all inclusive including diving or snorkeling everyday – paying extra for diving can cost up to $1000 per week. We use the wind surfers and paddle boards – all in great condition. Tennis lessons – most resorts have tennis courts but few give free lessons. No limit to the number of times you can go to a restaurant and few need reservations. Good food and drinks with quality ingredients and variety. Less buffets, we would rather sit down and be served. And, of-course the adults / couples only.
The Antigua Sandals resort met all our expectations. The staff are very friendly – there was a few that don’t hit the mark but that is everywhere. The drinks were extra special here - every drink we had was well made and garnished with fruit – Latoya at the Caribbean swim up bar makes the most amazing creations – be sure to sit at the bar let her do her magic. The beach is gorgeous – there is a lot of debate about the vendors on the public beach for me they were a little much.
The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. We found the Caribbean side had a cozy village feel and the Mediterranean side had a new luxury vibe. Our room was right in the middle and steps from the beach. We chose a butler suite in the poinsettia building. Our butlers Desmond and Julian were amazing.
So what do you get for the extra money for butler service? Starting at the airport we were first to leave back to the hotel. Once at the hotel we immediately were taken to our rooms and checked in there. There was a snack and a drink waiting. Every day there was a surprise in our room – a bubble bath drawn, the bed made up with flowers, and a snack. Our butlers would call us to see if there was anything that we need a few times throughout the day. They would reserve a lounge chair where we wanted, made all our restaurant reservations for the week and brought food or drink to us where ever we were on the resort. This was our first time with butler service and we definitely could see what we got for the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A European Hotel in the Six-Star, all-suite Mediterranean Village •Exotic Rondoval with private plunge pool and butler service •1,400 square foot Mediterranean villa with private plunge pool and butler service•Houses the East Caribbean's largest pool (1 of 6) •Offers 9 dining options and 8 bars including an English pub •Voted "World's Most Romantic Resort" 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelbag, TravelUp, Otel, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort And Spa
- Sandals Grande Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Sandals Antigua
- Hotel Sandals Grande Antigua
- Sandals Grand Antigua
- Antigua Sandals
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa Saint John Parish