We had a great time this past week at Sandals Grand Antigua. We traveled with a group of friends and met them at the resort. The ride from the airport was 15/20 minutes and we where met at our lobby by the Sandals staff and began the check-in process. Checking in took about 15 minutes and we were off to our room along with our bags and then the fun could begin. We stayed in a Mediterranean Walkout Club Level Suite with a short walk to the main pool.
The overall resort is beautiful and the beach is well worth it's top 10 beaches in the word rating. We stayed mostly at the main pool during the day at then it was off to play some volleyball in the afternoon at the other pool and the sand pit. The playmakers where active but there were not has many has we had seen in St. Lucia the previous year. They did work hard has they seemed to be understaffed. High fives to David, Antonio, Ashante, Ginella and the others.
We ate at all the restaurants and I can honestly say, we did not have a bad meal all week. Kimono's & Eleanor's required reservations but it didn't seem difficult to get days and times needed. Special of the week was Surf & Turf at the Bayside and it was terrific.
We drank a few adult beverages during the week....HA....and all the bartenders were helpful but the drinks sometimes varied from bartender to bartender and a few smiles from them every now and then would have be nice. I would like to pass along a high five to the staff of the Drucken Duck which we seem to close every evening. Andy, Ken, Mario, Ashmaine, Tashana & Chandra. Also a big high five to the best DJ, Sporty, who gave us great music all week but unfortunately for the rest of you is leaving for Canada next week.
We had a great week with great friends and are looking forward to visiting Sandals again next year!!
PS Mary & Steve,
We hope you got home OK, we heard you might of had to stay 2 extra days. Dates for next year are Feb.19-28 and you know where!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A European Hotel in the Six-Star, all-suite Mediterranean Village •Exotic Rondoval with private plunge pool and butler service •1,400 square foot Mediterranean villa with private plunge pool and butler service•Houses the East Caribbean's largest pool (1 of 6) •Offers 9 dining options and 8 bars including an English pub •Voted "World's Most Romantic Resort" 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Holiday Gems, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort And Spa
- Sandals Antigua
- Hotel Sandals Grande Antigua
- Sandals Grand Antigua
- Antigua Sandals
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa Saint John Parish