Me and my husband have traveled but we have never done an all inclusive resort. Great start. We stayed on the Mediterranean side. This resort was wonderful relaxing and fun.
I will start with the very few cons.
1. ( not the fault of sandals) I love peace and quiet when I'm on a beach. There are many vendors on the beach trying to sell all types of things. You say no and they go but a few minutes later another vendor comes....I spent most of my time in the pool because of this.
2. At night there is an animal and I don't know what type that makes the most annoying and loud noise. Made it a little hard to fall asleep.
3. Bed was a little firm for me but my husband liked it. Pillows are soft.
Now the pros and our visit.
We visited for a wedding. We arrived on a sunday and were offered and cold towel and a seat while we waited to check in. No touch baggage they will bring to your rm. Received champagne and small appetizers which were awesome. Check in was fast. We were escorted to our rm which was beautiful. Big bed and tub which we used. Stocked bar...strong cold ac and balcony. Walked around and checked out the resort and this resort which is huge. I believe all rooms were booked but we never felt crowded anywhere. Even found some secluded places outside to be alone.
There are 11 restaurants offered but we only checked out the sushi, kimonos hibachi, cafe Paris, the pizza place, mario, barefoot, drunken duck and Eleanor. We ordered rm service every morning and sometimes lunch....the chairman breakfast which my husband loved. Food was great.....drinks were awesome....husband drink of choice... Remy Martin....and they have...Althea hooked my husband up.
There was something going on every night. Big dinner bash on beach monday night, karaoke, fire pit and couches around resort, pool tables...so much more.
Pool is big and beautiful water warm. Seats were always available. Swim up bar fun...they have popcorn. Beach water is blue....Crystal clear blue.
Every one on this resort is helpful and friendly. We had an awesome, relaxing time and will visit another Sandals resort again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A European Hotel in the Six-Star, all-suite Mediterranean Village •Exotic Rondoval with private plunge pool and butler service •1,400 square foot Mediterranean villa with private plunge pool and butler service•Houses the East Caribbean's largest pool (1 of 6) •Offers 9 dining options and 8 bars including an English pub •Voted "World's Most Romantic Resort" 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, Travelbag, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Hotels.com and Holiday Gems so you can book your Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort And Spa
- Sandals Antigua
- Hotel Sandals Grande Antigua
- Sandals Grand Antigua
- Antigua Sandals
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa Saint John Parish