Travelled to Sandals Antigua from Toronto Canada on Air Canada Feb 8-Feb 15/09
Check in at Toronto airport Air Canada counter very slow and backed up 1 14 hrs only to not to have pre booked seats. No anywhere close to other couple we were travelling with.
Arrival at airport in Antigua fairly smooth, one other plane also arrived thru in 1 hr.
Only 20 min drive to Sandals from airport taxis are split up by side of resort you are staying on and upon arrival we had done the online check in before arrival so signed check in slip, warm towel and glass of champange and off to our Venetian Room Med side of resort.
Room was incredible and so was the view. We were on the 3rd floor. Beautiful poster bed, plasma tv, well stocked bar and fridge, nice patio, incredible bathroom, very comfortable!!!!!
Excellent maid service everyday everything replenished daily.
Resort is beautiful, grounds are very well looked after.
During our week stay we could not say enough about the staff and service provided to us. We never met anyone working on this resort that was not happy to help you with anything. No request was a problem!!!
The chair issue at the pool does happen to some, but we are early risers (6am) so we would drop our beach bag at 7:15am and go to breakfast and then back to the pool by 8. Yes a lot of people put their stuff on the chairs and then disappear for the day which we also think is not right. the pool is beautiful and does no feel crowded nor does the resort. We were there the week of Valentines Day and the resort was full, but never felt so.
No problem getting reservations at any time. Made it to try all but the Ok Coral for meals, all were of excellent atmosphere, food quality and service with always a smile!!!
CV side also has its own charm and is beautiful as well
Beach was beautiful and was only busy a couple of days Tue & Thur with cruise ship passengers but not crazy still lots of room to do what ever. No vendors ever bothered us and we approached them if interested. Sandals property at the beach has security at every entrance so that people cannot just wander on to the property.
We travelled to Nelsons Dockyards and Shirley Heights (our driver was great) , and did the Elis Eco Tour. Both were excellent and took many beautiful pictures!!!!
Weather was very nice with only a bit of rain nothing to spoil any day
Departure from Antigua was a little slow as mentioned by others, as they go thru your luggage by hand so don't lock until after they search your stuff ( no big one). Departing lounge a little slow if airport busy but we were able to get seats.
Loved every minute of this trip and would highly recommed the island and property to everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A European Hotel in the Six-Star, all-suite Mediterranean Village •Exotic Rondoval with private plunge pool and butler service •1,400 square foot Mediterranean villa with private plunge pool and butler service•Houses the East Caribbean's largest pool (1 of 6) •Offers 9 dining options and 8 bars including an English pub •Voted "World's Most Romantic Resort" 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Travelbag, Southall Travel, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort And Spa
- Sandals Antigua
- Hotel Sandals Grande Antigua
- Sandals Grand Antigua
- Antigua Sandals
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa Saint John Parish