Visited this hotel on a Travel Agents educational so we looked at lots of room categories etc. I had stayed at this hotel back in 2000 so was intrigued to see how it had changed and if I still loved it. I did ! The hotel is sat in 24 acres and there are 2 sides, The new Mediterranean Village or the Caribbean Grove. The new Med side is very new, clean and pretty flash looking ! It houses all suites and offers 4 extra dining options to the hotel.
There are restaurants offering Italian, Seafood, South Western Cuisine to name a few plus the fabulous Kimonos offering Asian cuisine cooked at your tabel by the most entertaining chefs. Cricketers is also a favourite, it offers traditional British Pub Grub when you're missing your shepherds pie or bangers and mash ! The food just cannot be faulted and its available 24/7 ! There are also 6 bars serving premium brand drinks, cocktails etc. Most all inclusive hotels serve imitations of brand name drinks but here you can get Jack Daniels if you want it etc. I could talk about the food and drink all day !
There are 17 room categories to choose from, my favourite on the Caribbean Grove side being the Honeymoon Garden Rondoval with private plunge pool and a Butler on hand ! These get very booked up so dont leave it to late to book! My favourite on the Med Village side was the Luxury Ocean Villa one bedroom auite with private pool ! one storey villas in paradise with private pool deck and whirlpool. Total honeymoon must have.
But..if you're on a budget and cant go for a Butler Suite or a concierge room, all the other rooms are still beautifully decorated and have lovely garden views.
This hotel offers 6 pools and they range from quiet areas to fun activity pools. Here you can be as active or as chilled out as you want. When I visited, the hotel was at 100% occupancy but you would never have believed it, there is so much space that nowhere seems crowded.
Its ideal for weddings as the gardens and beach are fantastic and even though Sandals is known for having a few Weddings a day, you are made to feel so special and ceremonies are staggered so never cross paths!
There is a top class Red Lane Spa, nightly shows, great range of watersports and so many activities.
If you're looking for pure luxury, ultra all inclusive and to be situated on the best and longest beach on Antigua then you have to book Sandals Grande Antigua !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A European Hotel in the Six-Star, all-suite Mediterranean Village •Exotic Rondoval with private plunge pool and butler service •1,400 square foot Mediterranean villa with private plunge pool and butler service•Houses the East Caribbean's largest pool (1 of 6) •Offers 9 dining options and 8 bars including an English pub •Voted "World's Most Romantic Resort" 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Expedia, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Travelbag, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort And Spa
- Sandals Grande Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Sandals Antigua
- Hotel Sandals Grande Antigua
- Sandals Grand Antigua
- Antigua Sandals
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa Saint John Parish