We have just got back from Sandals Grande Antigua after staying at Sandals properties in St Lucia and Jamaica previously.
The hotel and location are absolutely amazing, they have one of the best beaches in the area, Dickenson Bay, and the staff worked really hard to keep everybody happy, they could not do enough.
We found the cuisine far superior to the other islands and would definitely recommend the Barefoot by the Sea for their lobster, Mario's for the great sword fish and also OK Corrall where you need a reservation. If you are a big group we do recommend trying to book the table together even when they say you do not need a reservation as they are always busy.
The rooms in Mediterranean village are stunning with great views over the ocean, the higher you go the better the view and the suite. However they are refurbishing the ones in the Caribbean village and they are comfortable enough if you can live without the jacuzzi and the concierge room bar for the holiday. Also thought the elderly people might prefer the Caribbean as you are closer to the center of the resort, bars, pools and some restaurants, also it is all on flat.
We had an upgraded Venetian Suite in the Almond Tower, beautiful and large enough room, impressive bathroom with separate toilet, rain shower and jacuzzi. I was lucky enough to see the St Tropez suites which are of an extraordinary size, really large and airy with lots of space and also the one bedroom penthouse suites with stunning views and butlers.... does not get better than this.
They were brilliant at organising tours of the island or taxies for golfers and the diving facilities at the hotel were great.
Can not praise them enough and we will definitely return!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A European Hotel in the Six-Star, all-suite Mediterranean Village •Exotic Rondoval with private plunge pool and butler service •1,400 square foot Mediterranean villa with private plunge pool and butler service•Houses the East Caribbean's largest pool (1 of 6) •Offers 9 dining options and 8 bars including an English pub •Voted "World's Most Romantic Resort" 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, Travelbag, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort And Spa
- Sandals Antigua
- Hotel Sandals Grande Antigua
- Sandals Grand Antigua
- Antigua Sandals
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa Saint John Parish