My latest trip was at Sandals Grande Antigua. I was really looking forward to this trip as I have sent several of my clients there and the feedback was always more than positive and I really wanted to go experience it for myself.
My room was at the Mediterranean side of the resort and it was a Venetian suite. Luxurious room with beautiful amenities and partial oceanview. It depends where your room is located as the resort is big and there are palm trees around that sometimes might block the view a bit. I really didn't miss a thing in that room. The bathroom was equipped with a large shower with a rain shower head (it felt fantastic taking a shower under that showerhead), a separate jacuzzi tub and two vanities. Marble and porcelain tile was dominant in the bathroom and luxury was in every corner of the room. I had all to myself a king size bed that I slept very comfortably in and a big flat screen tv. The in room bar was well equipped with sodas, water, champaign, wine, beer, and of course it was included. There was scotch whisky, rum and more wine on top of the bar along with the usual coffee maker, water boiler to make tea and condiments. I had a very friendly lady making up my room daily.
The resort was very clean and beautiful. The gardens were very well maintained. There were hammocks tacked away in quiet places for people to catch some rays and relax around the resort. Several couples were getting married that weekend that I stayed at the resort. It made sense as an All Inclusive resort is the best choice for a WeddingMoon nowadays. The food was delicious. We had 10 restaurants at our disposal with sumptous food. The sushi bar was one of the best and I couldn't have enough of it...Unlike other all inclusive resorts where you get bombarded with buffet style food and you can only have a couple of meals a day. Sandals delivered the excellence that they are for 16 years now recognized for. Well prepared food served with attention to detail and nothing less from what you would see at a fancy restaurant here in the US.
The nightly activities kept the fun going and we had many laughs with my colleagues during karaoke night! My experience at the spa was fantastic as well. The staff is very friendly and made my experience a memorable one. The pool is one of the biggest in the Caribbean and I did have my share of spending time in it. I highly recommend it. The great thing about Sandals Grande Antigua is that the resort has several pools so the main pool at the Mediterranean villages was never congested.
Antigua is a tropical island and there are plenty of birds flying around the resort so don't get turned off by that just remember that you are in the heart of the Caribbean!
If you would like to see pictures from my trip or you need help planning your vacation please feel free to contact me :) you may either call me at [---] or email me at [---]
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A European Hotel in the Six-Star, all-suite Mediterranean Village •Exotic Rondoval with private plunge pool and butler service •1,400 square foot Mediterranean villa with private plunge pool and butler service•Houses the East Caribbean's largest pool (1 of 6) •Offers 9 dining options and 8 bars including an English pub •Voted "World's Most Romantic Resort" 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Travelbag, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort And Spa
- Sandals Grande Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Sandals Antigua
- Hotel Sandals Grande Antigua
- Sandals Grand Antigua
- Antigua Sandals
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa Saint John Parish