My wife and I have stayed at a few all-inclusive resorts and Sandals Antigua has plus and minuses.
The 1 bdrm honeymoon suite in the Med village was an awsome room, great balcony, bed and bath.
Butler service is no great thing you get a cell phone ours did not work for 3 days but when we got in touch with Jeffrey and Julian they did come through with any requests including adding friends to dinner reservations.
Bar in room is great stocked everyday unlike other all inclusive resorts and if you wanted something thing else just call and it will come.
Snacks in room are at a cost which was an insult at $6000 a week!!!!!!!!
Service at the pool bar was much better than other A/i's
Food was good lobster at Elenors and Barefoot was great.
Service was hit or miss at resturants if you changed anything on the menu forget about it you are on you own at Barefoot for lunch I think our waitress just went home and never came back.
Beach is very narrow and water was not the best in the Carrib so we stayed at the pool. Get a lounge chair by 0800 or you are out of luck.
Don't be afraid when the smoke monster runs through the resort at 1800 to get rid of the bugs every night they say it is safe. Even still bugs are an issue off the Med portion because is is so lush.
Sandals neeeds to widen the sidewalks the shrubbery is growing onto the sidewalks and even w/o it you can only walk hand in hand if no one is coming the other way.
Scuba was free and good.
Horsebackriding was Ok but I only like betting on them you can only do it from the beach hawks.
Beach hawks are not that bad go to Mexico and you can deal with anything.
Last note our night time housekeeper was the worst I have ever experienced hopefully she is fired by the time you get there. every night at 1930 she would knock and walk in and when I would tell her we were leaving in 30 minutes she would just walk away and not even close the door we started calling her broomhilder she was the worse.
So some bad but bottom line Sandals does a good job but for the money you think it should be a bit better if you are going cheaper the rooms I saw outside of the Med Village looked aweful skip it and go for the nicer newer rooms if you are going.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A European Hotel in the Six-Star, all-suite Mediterranean Village •Exotic Rondoval with private plunge pool and butler service •1,400 square foot Mediterranean villa with private plunge pool and butler service•Houses the East Caribbean's largest pool (1 of 6) •Offers 9 dining options and 8 bars including an English pub •Voted "World's Most Romantic Resort" 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Travelbag, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort And Spa
- Sandals Antigua
- Hotel Sandals Grande Antigua
- Sandals Grand Antigua
- Antigua Sandals
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa Saint John Parish