The Catamaran Hotel
US$315
US$236
  • Breakfast included
Siboney Beach Club(St. John's)(Great Value!)
US$221
US$200
US$180
US$306
US$215
US$436
US$284
Ocean Point Resort & Spa(St. John's)(Great Value!)
US$180
Travelocity
Antigua Village(St. John's)
US$176
Jumby Bay Island(St. John's)
US$1,753
US$504
Travelocity
All reviewsfalmouth harbourenglish harbourcaptain's quarterssmall private beachpigeon beachnelson's dockyardpresidential suitesuperior view roomantigua yacht clubexpensive yachtsnice balconiesself cateringbasic facilitiesour ground floor roomlarge fridgerecommend renting a carloved this hotel
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Sitting on the balcony watching the morning come in over the harbor, I felt very lucky to be here. The view and location are two of the best things about the Catamaran. The location of the hotel is ideal for those who want to be away from the hustle and bustle of resorts, yet only a five-minute bus ride to English Harbor for as many bars, restaurants, gifts shops, and yacht clubs as you like. My second floor room was spacious and the kitchen made it possible to eat "in" whenever I wished (I tried to limit eating out to once/day). The queen-sized bed was very comfortable but the twin bed that doubled as a sofa, was squishier. Yes, the window screens were bent and broken, but so what. The overhead fan and air conditioner worked fine. The island is suffering a drought and the staff at the Catamaran did their best to keep the water supply constant, with privately supplied tanks of water, though the water did go out twice. The hotel was very clean and the housekeeping staff did a thorough job. For me, the pool was the perfect size for swimming in the mornings and evenings. The beach was calm and relaxing. The attached restaurant was hit or miss, but the fish sandwich was delicious. Feona or her staff helped arrange any trips I desired. I traveled alone and felt very safe and secure here. (Being on the second floor helped.) I loved this place and would recommend it to any friends who don't expect resort-style luxuries.

Room Tip: Second floor offers an additional degree of security and a superior view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank sumersfree
JoeyMcKenzie, Public Relations Manager at The Catamaran Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2015

Dear Sumersfree

Many thanks for your review of your stay with us. I must say we were the lucky ones to have you choose to stay with us and write such a wonderful review. We are happy that you found our accommodations comfortable and spacious and the amenities met your requirements.

Our location does provide seclusion yet access to many restaurants and great nightlife. Thank you for your wonderful comments about our staff, they are truly appreciated.

Since your visit the screens have been replaced and the drought situation has somewhat improved...many thanks for your patience. We've also made changes in the Restaurant to ensure improved dining experience.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we do hope you wil come stay with us again very soon.

Sincerely
Joey McKenzie
Public Relations Manager

Reviewed 15 February 2014

This review is a tough one for me to write, as my husband and I really like Feona and the staff of the hotel. Given how many fellow contributors have saved me from accommodations that did not fit my travel style in the past, I feel it necessary to post this review. The takeaways: if you like cabin camping with a beach available, this is the spot for you. If you want a resort, something upscale, or are a stickler for a clean bathroom (it's something that matters to me) this is not the right location; you should keep looking.

Let's start with the good stuff:
-Nice location; ten minute drive to great restaurants and night life
-Very small but lovely swath of beach right outside of rooms with nice chairs
-Kind and knowledgable staff
-Hotel supplies beach towels and mosquito spray (as the island is quite buggy)

The okay:
-The restaurant has "pub grub" staples that are tasty. Not a four star place, but solid if you want a light dinner, a snack, or if you have kids. And, they have a decent and cheap beer selection.
-The pool is very small, but has ample seating. Nice for a quick dip.

The bad:
-During the 48 hours of our stay, there were four times when we turned on the taps, and no water came out. Apparently, there is the government water supply, and a reserve system. When the government supply cuts out, the staff needs to cut over to the reserve system. One of the times when the water went out, we were trying to get to a dinner reservation. My hair was full of shampoo, and my face was covered in soap. My wonderful husband frantically ran to the front desk, which kindly supplied him with a jug of fresh water for me to rinse with. Not exactly stress-free traveling.
-The rooms are a bit tired. This is particularly true of the bathrooms. They were a bit moldy. One of the toilets kind of wobbled when you sat on it. There was no shampoo supplied in one of the rooms (we ended up staying in one room one night, and another room the following night). There was no hair dryer in either room.
-The A.C. units in the rooms never seemed to function properly.

We ended up cutting our stay short by several days and moving elsewhere. This just was not the right place for us. But some travelers may have different tolerances and priorities. I actually could see some folks absolutely loving this. I'm just not one of them.

Room Tip: Room #1 has a palm frond the scrapes the roof all night long and can be quite noisy. Room #2 had no shampoo dispenser.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Stoobler-Houll

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. The input and feedback from all of our guests is vitally important to us as we always want guest expectations to be met upon arrival.

Our sincerest apologies that your stay with us was less than perfect and your comments have all been taken into consideration and improvements and new inspection processes implemented.

We are very appreciative of your compliments of Feona and our team.

Thank you for choosing Catamaran Hotel, all the best in the your travels.

Sincerely
Joey McKenzie
Public Relations Manager

Reviewed 2 January 2014

This hotel is very tired and not secure or safe. The windows had no latches, fly screens broken, broken plugs and sockets and more besides. The bed was uncomfortable, service nonexistent and food dreadful. The only saving grace was the location which meant one could get out to eat in nice places and have some drinks. Very disappointed but it could be such a wonderful place. The rooms are a good size and location good.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank thomvb
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed at the catamaran hotel over Christmas for one week. The hotel is in a great location, small beach but perfect for all the guests staying there. A wonderful view of Falmouth Harbour. They do have a restaurant at the hotel with a small breakfast menu, or if you want the kitchenettes in the rooms has a coffee maker, toaster and cutlery. The only thing I would have liked to see is a water cooler in the room. No complaints about anything else. Friendly staff and Fiona always walked around to make sure everything was ok. Room was cleaned everyday. I would definitely stay at the catamaran again! Nice and quiet in the evenings which is something my husband and I like, but close to restaurants in Falmouth and English Harbour. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We are still staying here but sadly leaving tomorrow....this is a wonderful and quiet place to stay if you want to totally relax and look out to the sea from your verandah. We had everything we need and if not the friendly staff and owner Feona were here to help. They arranged car hire for us and recommended fantastic restaurants from OJ's at Turners beach, to our local Sweet T's 2 minutes away. Even though we have encountered rain storms, we just sat on the verandah and played dominoes until it passed!
I'm sure we will return to Antigua everyone is so friendly and we will come back to Catamaran Hotel, Falmouth.

Room Tip: There are 4 rooms on ground floor and 4 above. I recommend ground floor as you step out onto the beach. Lovely clean pool for guests too.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple